Auto Spelling Corrections

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by Maxxamillion, May 23, 2016.

1. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,321
    Does anyone know how to change the auto spelling corrections that i get when visiting sites. I'm fine with being told my spelling is bad but when its because we spell things over in the UK slightly different to those in the USA it annoys me a little constantly seeing red squiggly lines because i spell customise with an 'S' and not a 'Z', or because i spell colour with a 'U'. I know its not really an issue but i would like to change it to support my native spelling and not the USA version

thank you all

aimg_prntscr_com_img_31512523e8ce5cc2c19b45a5988c2fcf._.png

2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,447
    I use an English (British) dictionary in Firefox which does a really good job. I imagine you can do the same in other browsers. What is slightly odd is your English words are being flagged but your use of lower case 'i' isn't. Most spell check software would pick up on that.

3. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,321
    Yeah it never picks up the I in my sentences unless I use my iPhone my laptop is I racist haha

4. EternalJamie

EternalJamie Aspirant

+3
    Kind of on topic but also off, here's some of the stupid things my auto correct now does:

"Rose" changes to "arse" for whatever reason, sometimes also vice versa

"Though" changes to either "tough", "thigh" or "thiough" depending on whatever

Just typing in "ib" usually suggests the word "ibérique".

"can't" changes to "Cammy" 80% of the time

other useless things it does as well, that I can't remember, usually capitalising words in URLs and such

5. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    Same here, that is what I downloaded as spell checker for FF

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.