Ask Sandman anything!

Discussion in 'Ask Me Anything' started by The Sandman, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Zero Numbers

Zero Numbers Adherent

+30
    If Beerus and Whis visited you, what foods would you offer them?

2. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,501
    Never had it measured.

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  3. Nev_Dull

Nev_Dull Anachronism

+1,036
    If you were starting over again from a teenager. Would you choose the same path? Why?

4. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,415
    Favourite alcoholic drink AND when was the last time you drank so much you couldn't remember what you did?

5. Namorat

Namorat Duder

+213
    Have you heard of or even read litRPG? :)

6. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Habitué

+164
    Why did you never take an IQ test? What do you think your IQ would be if you had to guess?

7. The Sandman

+5,501
    Majin Buu stew. :D

8. The Sandman

+5,501
    Medicine you mean? Yes, I would but only if the time frame was the same... I wouldn't start out in medicine if I was a teenager today.

Anesthesiology? Most likely yes. I did full residency training in Internal Medicine but didn't like that at all so I switched to anesthesia. I had a chance to Dermatology but turned it down - sometimes I regret that because Derm is a really good field. And I also considered Psychiatry - I was really good at it in Med School but ultimately decided there were too many people in Psych that you could diagnose but not adequately treat. Hopefully that's different today.

• Informative! Informative! x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  9. The Sandman

+5,501
    Johnny Walker Blue Label
    I've been very drunk but not in over 30 years, but I don't believe I ever didn't remember everything the next day.

10. The Sandman

+5,501
    I've heard of it and browsed some sites over the years but never got into it at all.

11. The Sandman

+5,501
    Wasn't a common thing to do back when I was at the age when it's usually done I guess.
    Yeah, I don't like to speculate on things like that. I did pass the entrance exam to Stuyvesant High School back in the 70's when it was the top high school in the country - it was very selective. So I'd guess I was "smarter than average" whatever that means. But beyond that, no idea.

12. phatcows

phatcows Enthusiast

+134
    Do you scuba dive?
    I do and prior to the Thailand thing, for some reason it never occurred to me that anesthesiologists could have a real interest in diving (trimix blending etc.).

13. The Sandman

+5,501
    Nope... in fact I really don't like the water very much at all.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  14. The Sandman

+5,501
    High altitude and undersea physiology are both important topics in anesthesia.

• List
  15. Joel R

Joel R Fan

+710
    L'ivresse des grandes profondeurs.

Do you think TAZ is a good barometer of the state of forums in general? And have you seen any topics that you think are especially useful for the future of forums?

16. Swiff

Swiff Neophyte

+3
    respect. If you come to Australia would you be preferred to be called an anaesthetist or gasboy? ;)

17. phatcows

phatcows Enthusiast

+134
    Actually, that's a topic with more depth than you may realise.
    Here in Australia, we call anesthesiologists...anaesthetists. In most of the rest of the world, anaesthetists are recognised as nurse anaesthetists, which is a lesser qualification to anesthesiologists. So there's a bit of a bugbear in the medical profession here in Australia for anaesthetists to be recognised, and called anesthesiologists.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. The Sandman

+5,501
    TAZ is in many ways a typical niche forum so in that sense I do think it is indicative of the state of forums in general.

However, since the memberbase comprises forum administrators, we are also operating under somewhat conditions that other niche forums - that means some contributing factors are amplified and others are attenuated. So when there are changes in online things TAZ may react more or less strongly than the rest of the forum world.

19. The Sandman

+5,501
    Varies over time, but right now I think the Facebook topics and the traffic they bring are worth tracking.

20. Zero Numbers

Zero Numbers Adherent

+30
    What if they don't like it? You know the planet would be in trouble, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.