Articles Zone How?

Discussion in 'Community Organization' started by Jijo, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Jijo

Jijo Fan

+0
    Hi,

I would like to know how Article & Resources page is created on this site.

What mode/hack is used, how you get verticle listing of Articles etc.

I am really newbie, please help me understand...I am searching for something like this for quite a few days now

:confused:

2. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+2,470
    We are fortunate to have Logician as our Tech Admin. He custom coded the non-forum sections of TAZ. For the most part, these modifications are not available.

3. TAZ has a monopoly on the cool stuff...

I purchased 2 books on PHP last night...one of the reasons were to better understand how to develop my own hacks...because an article system like the one here would be wicked awesome...

So, based on past experience, it will take me a minimum of 10 months to get the motivation to open the books...sigh..

4. cinq

cinq Adherent

+2
    Take it from someone who hasn't bought or borrowed a single PHP book, PHP is not that difficult.
    Online resource abound. Plus vb's code is rather readable and if all else fails, there is always the hacking community at vb.org to help you out ( they almost always have come to my aid when i got stuck at any point of the way ).

I ended up making my own articles hack ( which i released for a while for vb2 ).
    Have since made it vb3 compliant. I find it easier to fun a self made hack than use a readymade one, as this way I can have it just the way I want it.

The main thing you need to do is really just get to the coding. That would be the fastest way to learn. No excuses :D

Good luck Quincy :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted