Are you a keyboard or mouse user?

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by Cue, May 24, 2009.

1. WebInk

WebInk Enthusiast

+0
    Keyboard mostly, just use mouse to scroll really

2. andrusimonds11

andrusimonds11 Guest

+0
    I use both keyword and mouse.

3. Juice

Juice Aspirant

+0
    It really depends on what I'm doing, I use them both the same though to be honest.

4. 01Aaron

01Aaron Aspirant

+1
    I'm a keyboard user as well.
    Especially when I play games, I use keyboard as much more than mouse if mouse is not necessary. :)

5. LadySerenaKitty

LadySerenaKitty Developer

+2
    For me, mostly keyboard. Yes, I do use the mouse (Apple Magic Mouse!), but I spend most of my time in a terminal (using iTerm 2). This is because I do all my PHP work ON A PRODUCTION SERVER (so members can see the changes as they're happening). True, I have my .vimrc set so vim uses the mouse, but mostly I just keyboard my way around the servers (including in vim).

As for my Java projects, I use NetBeans which is mostly mousing until I get to the editor. I do all my Maven builds in the terminal, without NetBeans, so ...

I still use the keyboard the most.

6. Scrubs

Scrubs I STILL Blame EdenRat

+22
    Keyboard, I own a laptop and don't really need to splash out on the money for a mouse, after all the basic commands I need are all on the keyboard. Sometimes I don't even use the touchpad....

7. _Karl_

_Karl_ Aspirant

+0
    I usually use both quite a lot, the point of a GUI is to use a mouse and a keyboard since you don't need to constantly type commands out and certain tasks are far simpler and quicker using the mouse.

8. Dragonlair

Dragonlair Just Curious!

+30
    It depends on what I'm doing (and not necessarily games vs other things). I generally prefer to use the keyboard but I hate Alt-Tab! I'll use the mouse to go from application to application or even tab to tab within a browser but within a single page or application, I prefer the keyboard unless the application is inherently mouse oriented (such as PCStitch).

How about that for a yes AND no answer? :lildevil:

9. Num7

Num7 Formerly Numenorean7

+25
    I try to use the keyboard as much as I can because it's faster than moving the mouse around the screen. :)

10. acca

acca Enthusiast

+0
    I use mouse mostly, keyboard from time to time. But I'm trying to use keyboard more.

11. Lemur

Lemur Enthusiast

+1
    I work primarily in shell, so keyboard in upwards of 90% of the time. I don't like for my hands to leave the keyboard at all if possible.

12. indusharma

indusharma Aspirant

+1
    I used both mouse and keyword .

13. nitinslash

nitinslash Neophyte

+0
    Well it depends on your profession, if you are a designer or content writer then keyboard will be used more than mouse

14. martinhelen

martinhelen Aspirant

+0
    I mostly use keyboard for working.
    It is very easy and simple.

15. blox

blox Neophyte

+0
    In MMORPG games, you need both. :)

16. forumhookers

forumhookers Enthusiast

+1
    Keyboard user and use mouse to scroll!

17. himenanavarro

himenanavarro Neophyte

+0
    Well both, it’s hard to navigate when you use the only one. However, whenever I have my idle I’m practicing keyboard shortcuts. XD

18. googleguru

googleguru Enthusiast

+8
    keyboard for all the works

Mouse for scrolling , selecting

19. Leaf_Green

Leaf_Green Participant

+4
    Mouse for a good amount of navigation, keyboard for operation. Simple, no? And in addition, I can't use my keyboard for graphic editing. At least, not without needless hassle. I do use a lot of keyboard shortcuts though.

20. marin455

marin455 Aspirant

+0
    I'm trying to stay with keyboard as much as possible, but sometimes it is quicker to use mouse - ex: double click on some variable name and then paste it in few different places, it is quicker to achieve with mouse than with the keyboard.

But it is a lot easier if you know shortcuts on the keyboard - working with computer is really quick then and you don't have to use mouse often.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted