Apple iPhone Ten-Ess | Ten-Ess-MAX | Ten-Err ?????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Neutral Singh, Sep 13, 2018 at 10:41 PM.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh SPN Administrator

+13
    apetapixel.com_assets_uploads_2018_09_iphonesizes_800x534.jpg

I have been watching Apple iPhone keynotes for years. The latest one turns out to be most boring keynotes EVER!

:morganna:

2. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,042
    Smartphones are now commoditized, noone's new devices will make eyes turn anymore compared to the early era when improvements made a radical difference everytime.

3. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh SPN Administrator

+13
    And I would certainly like to nominate the wallpaper graphics artist, for an Oscar, to beautifully hide the hideous notch in the official promotional wallpapers! As if it (the notch) does not even exist! :p Shows how much Apple actually loves its notch!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 9:51 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,512
    For me the notch has not been that big of a deal. But I won't be doing my normal upgrade to the next iPhone. The X that I have is perfectly fine and does everything I need well.

5. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,722
    The only thing i hope is that they announce a new mac mini soon. The iPhone looks great buts to expensive for my taste i use now a Samsung J3 (2017) that was 150 euro and it does what it needs to do. So why would i get a phone that costs over 700 euro at least.

6. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+1,874
    The big news is that I could pre-order it now:

Pre_order_iPhone.PNG

Well, I'm not ready for it yet.
    (What to do with the reliable good old 6+? )

7. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,699
  8. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+1,874
    That's good news!
    My wife doesn't want to get one of them, sticking to her iPhone 5.:love:

9. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,365
    Last new iPhone I bought is a 5 --- Now I buy reconditioned off ebay when I have some kind of need. (for less then half price)

10. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,699
    I'm still very much liking my rather tiny SE which replaced an even smaller 4 :tup:

11. R0binHood

R0binHood Fan

+398
    I already encounter that issue a lot with women, it's quite the burden :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Tracy Perry

+3,512
    That equality can really be a pain in the arse at times can't it. There are plenty of other phone providers out that have smaller phones. They are perfectly free to obtain one of those.
    My wife has no issues with her X and neither do I. She came from the 7+ and does like the X better.

13. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+54
    Same here. The 7+ was large and it did tire out my hand using it.

14. Tracy Perry

+3,512
    Yep, I should have mentioned her hands are in the "small" brigade size. I'm the one with gorilla paws.

15. Tracy Perry

+3,512
    Ironically, I have a Gen 1 Apple Watch. Just discovered today when putting it on that it suffered from the "fat battery" issue (battery expansion/swelling) that forces the screen off the back.
    Called Apple support to get it sent in since I had read multiple articles that Apple had extended the warranty for battery related issues to 3 years on Gen 1's due to this happening on them. Had to argue with the Apple Advisor that it was extended and after finding the appropriate internal article numbers (Thanks 9-to-5 Mac) he was able to confirm I still was within 6 months of warranty. So, shipping box coming in and Watch heading out. Don't know if they will do a repair or simply replace the watch. Hopefully if it's a replacement it will be in as good of shape as my original (no scratches anywhere on it).

16. fixer

fixer Just Me

+534
    Is a major problem, I know for fact

17. Tracy Perry

+3,512
    Most of my female friends have commented that those who talk it lack it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Somniloquent

Somniloquent Enthusiast

+95
    As a feminist, I don't understand this at all. It seems like men are the ones who want smaller phones that will fit in a pocket. I don't know any women who care about it. I have small hands and can barely span an octave on a piano, but I just ordered a max, as did my best friend.

19. Klaatu

Klaatu Fan

+558
    Yep. My main phone is still a 5 year old HTC One. I have the latest versions of Samsung, iPhone and other brands (I get them for free from my ex-wife who works for a tech magazine), but I can't use them because they're too big to fit in my pocket comfortably. At home I rather use my desktop computer than any phone.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.