Anyone here use Proboards?

eurotopia

Enthusiast
I use proboards for my site and its a nice beginners platform but I'm curious if anyone has made the jumped from Proboards to VBulletin?

HallofFamer

Habitué
It's not a nice forum even for beginners if you are serious about your forum. Proboards is only suitable for forum admin training/practicing, or a temporary forum if the main forum needs to be down for like 2-3 months. Also why is this in yabb's subsection?

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
I have heard mixed reviews about Proboards. Good reviews are mainly from starters. It used to be a very popular topic sometime back.

PaulKet

Habitué
Jumping from any platform to vBulletin right now wouldn't be a very wise move.

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
I would anytime use my own hosting as much as possible. I see some good set up by member @gamestop. It is a free hosted MyBB. Nice themes and all.

I was just implying that vB is better than a free hosted forum.

davidlinc1

Neophyte
Hey guys, sorry to drop in uninvited - David Clark here, I work for ProBoards. I found this thread because I have Google Alerts set up to notify me about ProBoards-related conversations. Hi. :p

I'd rather not be lame and drop a ProBoards bump where it might not belong (and I can't speak for users who might have moved from PB to vB), so I'll just say if anyone has any questions concerning moving your community over to ProBoards from another host, I can help you. Just register on the previously-linked Support board and shoot me a PM there. I'll also check on this thread again later.

If you're an active community with 200+ daily members and you've got database access, we can talk about converting your data over to a PB forum with some additional relocation incentives like a few months of ad-free as well as no-charge custom domain linking.

Some forum admins have a need for self-hosted solutions, and that's totally fine, but if you'd rather avoid the headaches that can sometimes come with that, we'd love to have you!

Plus, we're just about to announce a white-label (free of ProBoards branding) forum service that will allow you to export your database after a certain amount of time. We haven't told our users that info yet, so that's a little sneak peek for those of you who happen upon this thread. :thumb: