Anyone here use Proboards?

Discussion in 'YaBB' started by eurotopia, Mar 3, 2014.

1. eurotopia

eurotopia Enthusiast

+3
    I use proboards for my site and its a nice beginners platform but I'm curious if anyone has made the jumped from Proboards to VBulletin?

2. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+1,820
    They used to do that.
    I'm not sure that many would do it today.

3. HallofFamer

HallofFamer Habitué

+217
    It's not a nice forum even for beginners if you are serious about your forum. Proboards is only suitable for forum admin training/practicing, or a temporary forum if the main forum needs to be down for like 2-3 months. Also why is this in yabb's subsection?

4. meetdilip

meetdilip Tazmanian Master

+756
    I have heard mixed reviews about Proboards. Good reviews are mainly from starters. It used to be a very popular topic sometime back.

5. PaulKet

PaulKet Habitué

+941
    Jumping from any platform to vBulletin right now wouldn't be a very wise move.

6. HallofFamer

HallofFamer Habitué

+217
    Compared to the likes of proboards, VB is still way too good to pass.

7. meetdilip

+756
    vB 4 is fine.

8. PaulKet

PaulKet Habitué

+941
    The OP (or anyone else) should choose a platform that still has developers working on it. vB5 shouldn't be an option for anyone.

9. meetdilip

+756
    I would anytime use my own hosting as much as possible. I see some good set up by member @gamestop. It is a free hosted MyBB. Nice themes and all.

I was just implying that vB is better than a free hosted forum.

10. davidlinc1

davidlinc1 Neophyte

+1
    Hey guys, sorry to drop in uninvited - David Clark here, I work for ProBoards. I found this thread because I have Google Alerts set up to notify me about ProBoards-related conversations. Hi. :p

I'd rather not be lame and drop a ProBoards bump where it might not belong (and I can't speak for users who might have moved from PB to vB), so I'll just say if anyone has any questions concerning moving your community over to ProBoards from another host, I can help you. Just register on the previously-linked Support board and shoot me a PM there. I'll also check on this thread again later.

If you're an active community with 200+ daily members and you've got database access, we can talk about converting your data over to a PB forum with some additional relocation incentives like a few months of ad-free as well as no-charge custom domain linking.

Some forum admins have a need for self-hosted solutions, and that's totally fine, but if you'd rather avoid the headaches that can sometimes come with that, we'd love to have you!

Plus, we're just about to announce a white-label (free of ProBoards branding) forum service that will allow you to export your database after a certain amount of time. We haven't told our users that info yet, so that's a little sneak peek for those of you who happen upon this thread. :thumb:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.