anyone get any good deals on black friday?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fixer, Dec 1, 2019 at 8:31 AM.

1. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,183
    Got my son a pair of beats studio3 over ear for $200 the deal is still active

On Apple
    265D94C0-31AC-4A63-8B47-848FCEC9FB04.png

at Best Buy right now
    7974419B-3BB1-4A92-A6B2-5B13266B31C6.png

2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,488
    It's something to avoid in the UK. Consumer group research suggests just one in twenty Black Friday deals are cheaper than at other times of the year.

3. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,183
    I have found a ton of good deals on items that are normally never discounted.

Lets be real zappaDPJ you do not know when something is legit discounted for special events?

The UK must have some ignorant consumers to not know the difference.....

UKPERSON: Should I Buy This....
    giphy.gif

4. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,488
    The UK has by some accounts has a fair number of ignorant consumers: http://www.netimperative.com/2019/1...95-of-deals-cheaper-or-same-price-after-sale/

I have to admit to nearly being one of them. Two days ago I was on the point of pressing the go button on what appeared to be a good Black Friday deal for an iPhone 11. For some bizarre reason I chose to do that once in a lifetime thing of downloading and reading 24 pages of small print only to find the actual cost of the phone was somewhat more than buying direct from Apple.

5. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,183
    What I'm hearing is no one is buying the 11 because it does not have 5G capability.

While that may not mean something to you now it might in a few years if you plan to have the same phone long term.

Sometimes something as small as free shipping is a deal when you know that merchant never offered free shipping.

I know what products I like and from which merchants and generally what the cost is of these things. Buying anything directly from apple is going to cost you a premium, if you found a 3rd party offering an apple device for more than what apple charges you should be sure to never buy from them in the future.

Best Buy has the best deals this year... thats where i got the Beats but they have Macs on sale too , Almost bought a second one because even though we have 2 iPads, 3 laptops and 2 desk tops in our house EVERYONE fights over the 1 Mac Book.

zappaDPJ Here is your iPhone 11 for $500 off...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/iphone.../pcmcat1568147641595.c?id=pcmcat1568147641595

6. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,488
    Unfortunately the import duty and handling costs would negate any savings.

7. NobleMan1969

NobleMan1969 Aspirant

+5
    I would think more deals will be had on Monday.;)

8. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,237
    Nothing physical, just a bunch of IPS related purchases (the IPS suite [yes, saying "IPS suite" is redundant], a theme with branding free so I can use it for for my purposes, and some addons from OpenType for displaying the Pages stuff in different formats). There really wasn't anything on a sale this year a price that would've compelled me to do unnecessary upgrades. A relative did upgrade from an older 40" TV to a new 65" 4K TV (box was so big it wouldn't even fit in the back of my vehicle, I had to drive home with the rear window in the open position).

EDIT: IPS itself wasn't a BF deal, rather I picked up it recently and gathered some additional stuff for it on BF.

9. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Senior Citizen

+644
    I can't afford to buy much, so a good sale price can be an important consideration. But quality is more important to me and Beats just don't have that over other headphones. I see Beats as more a status thing than a quality thing. That's my opinion though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. overcast

overcast Adherent

+72
    I purchased OVH account and it was 2GB VPS SSD. I am going to use it for experiments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.