Anybody use Paygate in the USA?

Discussion in 'Generating Revenue' started by MCA, May 14, 2018.

1. MCA

MCA Participant

+5
    I just added a bunch of Paygate add ons to my Xenforo forum. Then when I went to join Paygate, they told me they don't transfer any funds to US banks. Considering all the add ons for it, I didn't think it would be an issue.

I'm running out of options to get donations. I can't use Paypal, Stripe, etc.

2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,376
    Why is that?

3. TechOps

TechOps Aspirant

+0
    You can always use wire transfers (Highly, not recommended), or direct credit card processing through your banks API so they process the payments through their system so you do not have to store their card information. If all else fails you can ask your donators to send you a check, use e-check or do what the TV infomercials late at night do and have them call in to get a donation form sent to them. Though, it is very strange that you are not able to use a mainstream processing method.

4. MCA

MCA Participant

+5
    About US transfers or the other? Paypal banned me cause I was taking donations add I had some adult content. Stripe requires business info, tax ID, addresses, etc. I need a Paypal middle man.

5. MCA

MCA Participant

+5
    My members really won't do that. Sorry I didn't multi quote but what I need is above.

My first thread is here https://theadminzone.com/threads/wh...s-for-a-forum-with-some-adult-content.146543/

6. TechOps

TechOps Aspirant

+0
    Ah, makes since now. I would recommend visiting the top sites in your field and use what they use. If all else fails you may have to use bitcoin or some other crypto currency and find a physical or online bank that is trustworthy that will regularly convert the crypto coin to your local currency regularly.

7. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+1,880
    Is it public?
    If not, how did they know that?

8. MCA

MCA Participant

+5
    They all use Paypal. For some reason, I got caught. They must have registered and seen the hidden content. I'm not going to get into digital currency. There has to be a simple solution.

9. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,442
  10. Joeychgo

+3,376
    they pretty much all require that stuff due to US laws.

11. TechOps

TechOps Aspirant

+0
    They (other sites in your industry) are using U.S.A. based credit card processors you could call up M.G. Billing and ProBiller to see if you qualify for their services. The legitimate billing services will always ask you for your Business Information, TaxID, address, etc. as they are required to do so by law and to send you the required tax documentation you will need to regularly send in.

The only way out of all the questions is to move to a shady part of the world with other shady people and businesses (harder to sleep at night :D) . You could also start a company in the Czech Republic, Slavakia, Ukrain, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc. but you loose much of the seller protection you would get in the U.S.A. and if you do not actually live there doing the proper taxes and meeting their legal requirements may be a bit difficult.

Just remember the less difficult the process is, the easier it is to get screwed out of all your money with little to no legal means of getting it back. As the further you get away from the 1st world countries the less accountability there is due to limited government budgets, requirements on financial trade, commerce regulation and more.

12. MCA

MCA Participant

+5
  13. MCA

MCA Participant

+5
    I'm running 1.5 and found out that you need a Stripe account to accept payments from either if the ones I listed above. Guess I'm out of luck.

14. Joeychgo

+3,376

I apologize if this is not the case -- but honestly you sound a lot like you want to do something hinky like not report income or something.

15. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+1,880
    That's a wise decision.

Unfortunately there are no low risk, cheap, simple solutions.

Seems to me you do not have any options left.

16. salem

salem Adherent

+80
    It probably could be done with a card reader linked to your bank acc. and use the virtual terminal ,
    just wonder who in their right mind would give the required card details

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.