Any tips on using reddit?

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by Danielx64, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    I been let lose running around on reddit and it doesn't feel the same as using a normal forum. Does anyone have any tips on getting the most rout of it? Any prefs that I should change?

2. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,321
    Yes.

- don't use it

Hahah

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,476
    Was gonna say the same thing. Can't stand the place, mostly seems to be a trolls paradise.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. ozzy47

ozzy47 Tazmanian Veteran

+4,329
    I guess the question you need to answer is, what was the reason you joined there, what did you want to get out of it?

• Also Wondering! Also Wondering! x 1
    • List
  5. Somniloquent

Somniloquent Enthusiast

+119
    Make sure your homepage on reddit is showing only the types of things you want to see. They automatically subscribe you to a lot of stuff that you may not be interested in.

I don't go on reddit to discuss my niche or other hobbies. I use it more for cute animal gifs and human interest stories. Some of the AMAs ('ask me anything' threads) are really interesting.

6. Empire

Empire Devotee

+506
    Use Reddit targeted ads to get more users for your forum ;). Do test run and see how it goes.

Yes use reddit, ignore all the trolls there is lot of valuable knowledge in there.

7. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    Don't use it. It seems to be a breeding ground for idiots. That or children with zero tact.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.