Sponsored AntiBB - Contrary to anything you know about Forums

Discussion in 'Forum Software Development' started by ChrisTERiS, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Articles

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. Reviews

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Classifieds

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Media (Audio, Photos, Video)

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  5. Newsletter

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  6. Events

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  7. Personals (Simple Dating)

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. Donations

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Coupons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. eCommerce

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+348
    Can anyone (with facebook account), help me by login at:
    https://www.escbb.com/code/

What I want to know is, his reaction after authorization. Is what I added there good or not?
    I count it as user friendly as it gives user a feeling that he is browsing on his own place. But that's my own opinion.

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,098
    Logged in with my Facebook account went fast and love they way it looks on the page. To bad "edit profile" is not working and the other stuff above the profile.

3. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+348
    Thank you very much for your kind help and my apologies. I forgot to say to avoid clicking Edir Profile. Just yesterday the template was ready, and I'm converting it to Smarty and adding the code, step by step.

So +1. Right? I also liked it a lot. It's also a way to push the members to update their profile. eg if they don't want to use that avatar they must upload another.

4. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,098
    Yes +1 i realy like the looks of that script. Only one remark on the right side most commented and latest reviews the text on the left side need a bit more padding the reviews you see the > its to close on the edge.

5. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+348
    ....lol....... If you right click on sidebar you'll see that you can save the ...image :) ......... To get courage as I'm working at least 12 hours on this project, I'm adding some fake designs from here and there, first to see if it looks good, and second to have a feeling that I'm almost done.

But as I said, the most important is that PHP code is ready, so the only that I've is to adapt it to templates. Hopefully next Sunday, even with a bit more pressing, that demo should be 100% working.

6. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+348
    The only that left from coding side is this one:
    http://scruber.xazak.net/

I'll use it only to thread list (list of posts). I don't risk to use infinite scroll in main listing, so I'll use normal pagination there (but Ajax without page refresh).
    Is almost ready, only the dates left to be add in addition to record of records and the mobile view.

I gave it as custom project to speed up the release date.

7. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+348
    It took me 10 full days just for the thread page but I believe that is becoming very good (Post reply form is not activated).
    https://www.escbb.com/code/thread.php?do=showthread&threadid=3

What you can see there (you can use it without registration):
    1. Vote +1/-1 Style
    2. Instead of Quotes, I used a facebook style commenting system, for simple replies like "Thank you", "I agree" etc, something that current forums are getting a big gap to display them. This way, the users are not loosing interesting among such posts and they focus only on the important content.
    3. Instead of thread pagination, I'm using infinite scrolling, but with sticky scroller on the right for easy navigation.
    Last, something for better user experiance. Is an idea that I got some days ago, and something that I haven't seen in other forums. Using Forums have you even seen a post but instead to reply in public you wanted to quote/reply in private? If yes, what you did? You copied the text, you clicked “Send PM” and finally you paste the text there. To make it more professional, you did a 2nd copy/pase the URL of the post. Check the link above to see my solution.

we_are_borg Browsing the comments you'll see in some places, posts made by you. Didn't hacked your account :) I just used RAND() function to generate some content.

PS: There is a misconfiguration in scroller and dates are not in correct order in the list. Temporary ignore this issue.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+629
    It looks way more inviting and useful to today's generation of new users. Typical forum "looks" are too outdated. This is a step in the right direction in terms of user experience and presentation of content.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.