Am i the only one? Direction of forum design?

HellRaiseR

Adherent
Cheap and cheesy? The default MyBB skin looks just as cartoony as either of the new IPB and vB skins.

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
Cheap and cheesy? The default MyBB skin looks just as cartoony as either of the new IPB and vB skins.

And well mybb is MUCH easier to work with and or skin. Anyways IPB and vB are paid MYBB is NOT and i pay for IPB. For paid that look is terrible at best.

I mean why take a step back as IPB and vB for that matter has? Sorry but i see it as a step back and not forward. My 5yr old could do better then what they have.

I think both of the styles[IPB and vB] as stressed above, they look too big and bulky.

MyBB is a FREE forum software, though the quality[default skin wise IMO] at this moment is far grater than IPB and vB. I do find MyBB easier to skin, after taking a glance at both IPB and vB to help some customers. It's a matter of liking really.

Plus, for such downgrade in vB quality, how are they expecting to pay more?

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
I think both of the styles[IPB and vB] as stressed above, they look too big and bulky.

MyBB is a FREE forum software, though the quality[default skin wise IMO] at this moment is far grater than IPB and vB. I do find MyBB easier to skin, after taking a glance at both IPB and vB to help some customers. It's a matter of liking really.

Plus, for such downgrade in vB quality, how are they expecting to pay more?

Agreed. I have a current IPB and skinning that thing sucks and have worked with vB as well on a friends site. Never have been impressed with MYBB default theme BUT compared to IPB 3.0 and the next vB ( 4.0) it blows them away. As said elsewhere the new IPB and next vB dont really even look like forum software.