After some IPS club ideas

gavpeds

Enthusiast
I have been using IPS for a while now and have dabbled with the clubs feature. I would love to use them on our forum but can't really see how they would fit. I know it might be the case that they wouldn't fit for our community but I wondered what others are using them for which might give me some inspiration.

Maddox

Habitué
Clubs (which I renamed to Circles) is the primary feature of my new site - it's still a WIP but is open for anyone to view/join; once I get everything sorted I'll be pushing it forward. In the meantime you can take a look and see how I've used the clubs feature - it's the homepage @ https://lonelypeople.co.uk

Clubs is not for everyone, but if you have a need for it, then it's a great feature.

;)

gavpeds

Enthusiast
Clubs (which I renamed to Circles) is the primary feature of my new site - it's still a WIP but is open for anyone to view/join; once I get everything sorted I'll be pushing it forward. In the meantime you can take a look and see how I've used the clubs feature - it's the homepage @ https://lonelypeople.co.uk

Clubs is not for everyone, but if you have a need for it, then it's a great feature.

;)
Love what you have done! Yeah i have been seeing clubs kind of working how you have it. Every time i think i will use clubs i just think why not just use the forum itself but clubs as the main focus of an entire community seems to the best option. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to start a new forum now though. Started ours about 10 years ago and was much easier then than now i think in getting people in and getting it going.

Joel R

Habitué
There are couple of strategic ways to use clubs. The main thing to understand is that, just because the feature is available, does not mean you need to use it. Make sure you're choosing clubs for the right reason, rather than trying to force anything.

- Niche to your main community - if you have content that's related but not core to your main community, you can throw them into its own club

- Knowledge hub - to aggregate related content into its own section

- Regional clubs - map locations are included with clubs, which makes regional and location clubs very useful

- Micro communities - the main use would be to offer social groups to users, so they can form their own micro communities.

- Special purpose - if you're umplementing a new project, campaign, or plan, this is a good way to isolate and manage the initiative

R0binHood

Habitué
You could let users create and join fan groups for their favourite window types.

* The Bay Window Bad Asses
* The Sexy Sash Fans
* Awnings Anonymous

Can you tell I'm grabbing at straws here? :D

Last edited:

haqzore

Devotee
You could let users create and join fan groups for their favourite window types.

* The Bay Window Bad Asses
* The Sexy Sash Fan
* Awnings Anonymous

Can you tell I'm grabbing at straws here? :D
Don't be such a pane.

R0binHood

Habitué
We best be careful we don't off the handle with this line of talk and stay in the right frame of mind, else the mods may glaze over, show us the door and we'll never see the light of day.

Shimei

Fan
I have been using IPS for a while now and have dabbled with the clubs feature. I would love to use them on our forum but can't really see how they would fit. I know it might be the case that they wouldn't fit for our community but I wondered what others are using them for which might give me some inspiration.

I'm using them to appeal and deter from Facebook groups.

https://www.christforums.org/topic/12247-christforums-clubs-a-facebook-group-alternative/

I have one Facebook group owner that has agreed to move to our platform 2 days ago. We are in our final stages, should be presenting our pitch to the fb group next week. We'll gain a few hundred members if the entire group transitions. I just implemented Facebook registration to make this as easy and appealing as can be.

Good luck!