After some IPS club ideas

Discussion in 'IPS' started by gavpeds, Sep 14, 2018 at 4:53 AM.

1. gavpeds

gavpeds Enthusiast

+16
    I have been using IPS for a while now and have dabbled with the clubs feature. I would love to use them on our forum but can't really see how they would fit. I know it might be the case that they wouldn't fit for our community but I wondered what others are using them for which might give me some inspiration.

2. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+881
    Clubs (which I renamed to Circles) is the primary feature of my new site - it's still a WIP but is open for anyone to view/join; once I get everything sorted I'll be pushing it forward. In the meantime you can take a look and see how I've used the clubs feature - it's the homepage @ https://lonelypeople.co.uk

Clubs is not for everyone, but if you have a need for it, then it's a great feature.

;)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  3. gavpeds

gavpeds Enthusiast

+16
    Love what you have done! Yeah i have been seeing clubs kind of working how you have it. Every time i think i will use clubs i just think why not just use the forum itself but clubs as the main focus of an entire community seems to the best option. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to start a new forum now though. Started ours about 10 years ago and was much easier then than now i think in getting people in and getting it going.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.