Affordable alternative to Moz/Alexa

GhettoChild

Enthusiast
I'd love to have the extra cash on hand to set-up an Alexa or Moz account to track and target keywords. Both are simply too expensive for a fledgling site to afford.

What options would you guys suggest for low cost/free options for Keyword Analysis and tacking.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
The alternative is to do it yourself. It is a lot to learn but if you are worried about the money, then you have no choice but to learn it. You get what you pay for on the internet, especially with website development and marketing related products.

Fred_2004

Aspirant
The alternative is to do it yourself. It is a lot to learn but if you are worried about the money, then you have no choice but to learn it. You get what you pay for on the internet, especially with website development and marketing related products.
You need the tools to do it yourself. That's what we are asking.

Sysnative

Habitué
If you're after keyword suggestions/number of searches etc, then the Google Keyword Planner is your best bet.

I've just started using the following tool to track keyword rankings and some basic site audit stuff, mainly because it was so cheap compared to Moz/others:
http://app.rankscanner.com/Register/?ref=sJyH
(referral link)

May post some more about it if I see any success with it. Their basic plan was a lot cheaper than any other SEO tool at 9 euros a month, and 1 month free trial.

Potentially you always get what you pay for though - the tried and tested SEO tools cost a lot of money, and even then if you don't know how to use them they're not going to do much for you...

GhettoChild

Enthusiast
If you're after keyword suggestions/number of searches etc, then the Google Keyword Planner is your best bet.

I've just started using the following tool to track keyword rankings and some basic site audit stuff, mainly because it was so cheap compared to Moz/others:
http://app.rankscanner.com/Register/?ref=sJyH
(referral link)

May post some more about it if I see any success with it. Their basic plan was a lot cheaper than any other SEO tool at 9 euros a month, and 1 month free trial.

Potentially you always get what you pay for though - the tried and tested SEO tools cost a lot of money, and even then if you don't know how to use them they're not going to do much for you...

I don't think Moz and Alexa are targeting forums owners. They're after agencies and larger established companies.

Tefka

Participant
I can't believe serpfox hasn't been mentioned yet.

Edit: I think the free plan is 10 keywords, but they have payable options for up to more. I'm not tracking more than 10 because SWRP is very niche site, so no need.