Adwords: Very little click on a relatively high budget?

Discussion in 'Increasing Traffic' started by tokyoice, Feb 13, 2017.

1. tokyoice

tokyoice Adherent

+20
    Good morning all.

To cut a long story short, I am managing a vehicle leasing website for the company I am currently employed by.

Last month, I spent 500 ($624) just on AdWords & unfortunately, the clicks we received have not turned into one sale. However, we did receive one enquiry, but that did not lead to a sale.

I geo targeted the ads to be localised near our business (20 miles around the area we operate in)

For this month, I have turned the budget down a little. We now have 12 per day ($14.98) being spent on this campaign and I'm only receiving 11 clicks per day? is this normal?

2. Manberlin

Manberlin Not Manbearpig

+74
    How long has the AdWords account been running? If it's only one month, it's a bit early to be drawing conclusions about the ads' effectiveness.

I don't know how you're setup in terms of the keywords you're buying, but make sure you have well-targeted ads leading to highly-relevant landing pages to increase ad effectiveness while also driving down your costs. I would also set up retargeting/remarketing if you haven't already.

3. tokyoice

tokyoice Adherent

+20
    These ads were running for around 2 months, the owner of the business decided to plug the plug on them in the end after spending over $1.5k with nothing back in return. Thank you for your help though! :)

4. HostColor

HostColor Sponsor

+4
    tokyoicetokyoice There is a better way to attack some targeted traffic. this would be through creating some useful content articles related to the service provider you manage. Native ads + plus some low cost traffic should work good in terms of bringing visitors to the website.

5. Bhavesh Ramburn

Bhavesh Ramburn Quantity Surveyor

+47
    This could be a bad setup.
    I got 7 leads in the first big campaign I setup.
    My budget is £140 a day.

I could take a look and advise if you want

6. joevelez

joevelez Moderator

+52
    1. Target using the right keywords/phrases.
    2. On click, send readers to a landing page - specific for those keywords. In other words, if you are targeting Game of Thrones send them to a Games of Thrones landing page not a "general HBO page"
    3. Geotarget

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted