Advert Banners!

Heardy

Mindless Junk Founder
Is there a specific awesome place to put them?

I've had my forum about 5 months now and so far I've made £6.18 apparently. I was just wondering if there was a way to earn more somehow like different positions on the page, etc?

Anyone got any tips for me? (A)

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
People will likely need a bit more information - like where do you have ads now, what software are you using, what kind of advertising are you talking (sponsors/adsense)?

Heardy

Mindless Junk Founder
Oh yeah, sorry!

I'm using vBulletin 4.1.12 and using Google Adsense mixed with AdBrite now.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Oh yeah, sorry!

I'm using vBulletin 4.1.12 and using Google Adsense mixed with AdBrite now.

I will let you in on a little secret... Adsense is crap ;) With the way google keep changing the ads, its beginning to be a waste of your efforts to run adsense. After 2 years of running adsense on over 10 different active websites and forums, I made a little $40 and I did all that I was suppose to do too.

See Google ads will show you the same content over and over again. For example, I buy apparel from a specific cycling apparel store. Adsense will show me an add to that store for ages almost every time. Why do I need to see an ad from a store that I just bought something from? LOL

I run an admin forum myself and one day I ditched Google ads and then came here to see who is advertising on TAZ (LOL sorry Howard :p) and then asked a few of the advertisers if they would like to advertise on my forum, in 2 days I made $85.00! 2 days I make more than 2 years of adsense.

Just some tips for ya :)

P.s. If you are attempting to get rich from adsense, it probably will not happen at least not for a long time (years!).

Heardy

Mindless Junk Founder
Yeah, adsense doesn't seem the best really...

2 days = $85.00? WTF?

Wanna let me in on a little secret? :D

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Just go to advertisers that relate to your niche and pitch them an advertising plan. Remember, don't be greedy and make them think they are getting a good deal, but actually give them a good deal :) Work with them and they will work with you!

petertdavis

Not a Beginner
Your ad placements are fine, you'll never really make any significant money on that forum until you have massive amounts of traffic. If you're in it for making money, you're just not going to make it too far.

Heardy

Mindless Junk Founder
The only problem is, my forum is a General/Off-Topic forum so I wouldn't know where to start in all honesty...

I'm not just in it for the money, I do want to have a community and allow the forum to grow and grow!

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
The only problem is, my forum is a General/Off-Topic forum so I wouldn't know where to start in all honesty...

I'm not just in it for the money, I do want to have a community and allow the forum to grow and grow!

Well what boards on your forum are the most active? Work on those to find advertising in the niche :)

Heardy

Mindless Junk Founder
1. General Discussion - Posts: 453
2. Consoles - Posts: 228
3. Forum Games - Posts: 176
4. TV - Posts: 172
5. Movies - Posts: 167

Basically, General Discussion or Consoles (Gaming).

Heardy

Mindless Junk Founder
We've been trying to get a lot bigger but we're running out of advertising techniques now, got any tips?

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Content is needed, you and your staff should work on posting more new topics. If you build it (content that is), they will come :)

Last edited:

Heardy

Mindless Junk Founder
But doesn't it look like we are literally posting everything?

StarBuG

AdSenseExperts.com
I will let you in on a little secret... Adsense is crap ;) With the way google keep changing the ads, its beginning to be a waste of your efforts to run adsense. After 2 years of running adsense on over 10 different active websites and forums, I made a little $40 and I did all that I was suppose to do too.

Speak for yourself.
AdSense works great for small to medium publishers in many/most niches and is good as fall-back option for bigger publishers.

What you made in 2 years with 10 websites I make in 10 hours with one website by the way ;)

Heardy

Mindless Junk Founder
Speak for yourself.
AdSense works great for small to medium publishers in many/most niches and is good as fall-back option for bigger publishers.

What you made in 2 years with 10 websites I make in 10 hours with one website by the way ;)

How do you do it? >.>

I've had a look on your forums but I get all confused :(