Adsense, Cookies & GDPR

Discussion in 'Finance and Traffic' started by lexus, May 16, 2018.

1. lexus

lexus ...

+0
    Hi Guys

Got a light problem which i am not sure i fully understand.

I am in the UK, and with the new GDPR rules we have to seek consent for cookies to be placed on their computer of anyone in Europe.

My question is, what happens about Adsense, and will blocking an Adsense cookie be ok, will an advert still appear?

Asking a user to show ads would be suicidle and might as well pack up now if that was the case.

Is anyone here having to sort their site to be compliant and how are you getting around adsense??

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,684
    Yes your ad should still show only its a random ad, normally an ad will show in their interest what the visited or searched.

3. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,648
    Adsense admin panel --> Allow & Block Ads --> All My Sites --> EU User Content

Then turn off personalized ads for EU users.

4. Pete

Pete Flavours of Forums Forever

+598
    Cookies were already supposed to have been covered by this by 2011's 'Cookie Law' directive anyway, it's not a new-for-GDPR thing.

5. pierce

pierce Habitué

+693
    That is quite a bit of work to browse through 2000 ad suppliers and write a bit about how each may use user data, so that your user will consent to targeted ads?

6. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,684
    Yes it should have being covered but now people are a wake because GDPR is more real and tougher.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.