AdSense Ads.txt file missing

Discussion in 'Generating Revenue' started by Ash, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Ash

Ash Participant

+20
    Does anyone know what this "error" message is? Currently displayed on the AdSense website and reading the FAQ has just confused me a bit. It says to check the Sites section to see which of my sites have been impacted but I can't see any indication for any of my sites. I've been making a few pennies for the past few days but a lot less than usual so I'm slightly worried.

I'm not sure what the ads.txt file exactly is and what I should put in it.

Any help or an ELI5 would be great :D

[​IMG]

2. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,014
    Where do I find ads txt?
    Create an ads.txt file in Ad Manager
    1. Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
    2. Click Admin Ads.txt management. ...
    3. Click Create an ads.txt file.
    4. In the dialog window, review the automatically generated text that Google provides. ...
    5. Copy the text and paste it into your own ads.txt file, or download it as a new text (.txt) file.
    Host the ads.txt file at the root level of your domain.

3. JQP

JQP Dork

+118
    Is anyone using one and did you notice a difference? I just uploaded mine this afternoon, so it's too early to tell.

4. hellasteph

hellasteph Tech Scum

+33
    It takes about 24 hours or so for Google to update.

5. Dubbed Navigator

Dubbed Navigator Adherent

+83
    This file isnt something you fill out, from what I gathered, its essentially a text file at root level of your domain that grants google permission to sell ads on your site.

Just copy and paste the code they supply, add a new text file to root of the domain, name it correctly - bosh.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.