AdSense Ads.txt file missing

Ash

Participant
Does anyone know what this "error" message is? Currently displayed on the AdSense website and reading the FAQ has just confused me a bit. It says to check the Sites section to see which of my sites have been impacted but I can't see any indication for any of my sites. I've been making a few pennies for the past few days but a lot less than usual so I'm slightly worried.

I'm not sure what the ads.txt file exactly is and what I should put in it.

Any help or an ELI5 would be great :D

O5ieHgK.png

doubt

Tazmanian
Where do I find ads txt?
Create an ads.txt file in Ad Manager
  1. Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
  2. Click Admin Ads.txt management. ...
  3. Click Create an ads.txt file.
  4. In the dialog window, review the automatically generated text that Google provides. ...
  5. Copy the text and paste it into your own ads.txt file, or download it as a new text (.txt) file.
Host the ads.txt file at the root level of your domain.

JQP

Dork
Is anyone using one and did you notice a difference? I just uploaded mine this afternoon, so it's too early to tell.

Dubbed Navigator

Adherent
This file isnt something you fill out, from what I gathered, its essentially a text file at root level of your domain that grants google permission to sell ads on your site.

Just copy and paste the code they supply, add a new text file to root of the domain, name it correctly - bosh.

overcast

Adherent
I have recently created ads.txt for the blogger. You can read the documentation from the Adsense that helps you create one and also tell you what to include in it.