Ads/Banner tracking

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
Need better ad tracking for a client.

vBulletin 4.2.5 forum only.

I've been using the Rotating Banner System add-on by y2ksw.

That provides cumulative counts of impressions and it's supposed to count clicks as well, although I haven't been able to get that to work on any forum (I'll try to go through the humongous thread at vbulletin.org again and see what that suggests).

What I need:
  1. impressions per month instead of cumulative
  2. working click tracking
And of course need this ASAP.

Suggestions? What are other people using?

Citizen K

Aspirant
If you are sourcing your own advertisers and need to serve on multiple sites/platforms as I am* then mysimpleads could be a solution for you. It's fairly robust, well supported by the developer (my queries get answers within hours) and is pretty versatile in what it can serve. On Vbulletin 3/4 sites one simply puts the code into the builtin ad slots.

Caveats:
I am averaging around 3 million impressions a day and the built in stats processor chokes and dies after few days because it defaults to processing only 1000 lines an hour. I set it to 5000 lines and put in a cron to run every minute which does solve the problem.
It's not cheap.
Not suited to shared hosting

* I own and co-admin a couple of sites in the firearms sector, Adsense and the like don't work for us.

Citizen K

Aspirant
Revive formerly known as openx, use it since many years on my vBulletin site. It's free.

Tried this on a dev site now; nice bit of software. The lack of a rotator is a bit of a letdown though - unless I am missing the wood for the trees.

Ramses

Adherent
The lack of a rotator is a bit of a letdown though - unless I am missing the wood for the trees.
There is the possibility to let banners rotate on one banner place (so called "zone") if I understand you correct. Here is a user guide. If you need banners rotate without a page load this sounds interesting.