Found/Closed admin, RP mod, writers & reviewers for anime community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optic

Enthusiast
Name of site (and/or forum): AN Community - ancommunity.net
Link to forum: forums.ancommunity.net
Genre: Anime (Japanese animated TV series and movies)
Forum Software: Xenforo
Total number of posts the forum has received: 2,500
Seeking?: Admin, RP Moderator, Writers, Reviewers
Paid Position?: no – these are volunteer positions. In return though we can feature your site, blog, etc or fulfil a request for you.

Why are you requesting staff?: Due to work commitments I’m currently only able to commit to our community every weekend, as a result I find myself spending more time with the website, being unable to develop the forums as much as I would like due to time constraints. To grow our community I’m looking for a forum admin and moderator. And for our website I’m looking for writers and reviewers to help expand our content.

Additional Information: See below for more details about our background and available vacancies.

How do you wish to be contacted?: TAZ (reply in this topic or PM me), on our forums or you can email me at: optic@ancommunity.net

Background
The AN Community is an anime based fansite that aims to be different from the increasing number of Wikis and social media pages dedicated to specific anime titles. Though we wholeheartedly accept the emergence of Wikis and social media, we feel that they’re missing that personal touch and sense of community belonging that only a fansite and forum can provide.

We aim to cover a wide range of anime titles starting with ones that we feel the most passionate about, whilst also covering popular emerging titles depending on demand. We are very user driven and very responsive to visitor requests.

About the website
Our website is our main source of new visitors via Google search results and features character profiles, episode guides and high quality image galleries for a small but growing number of anime titles, including Attack on Titan, Angel Beats, Sword Art Online, Gundam SEED and Digimon. We also have anime reviews, and also a blog was also introduced recently to highlight various aspects of Japanese points of interest and lifestyle.

About the forums
The forum has sections for anime, general and technology discussion. At the moment though activity has been stagnant with most visitors coming in from the website and though there appears to be lurkers, the majority of new visitors choose not to participate in the forums.

A showcase section allows users to submit fan art, wallpapers and fan fiction. Two work in progress areas which I’ve planned but been unable to implement due to time constraints at this time include a Virtual Shop and Role Play section.

To help encourage discussion the website and forums were recently bridged together so whenever a new piece of content is published it will automatically create a discussion topic on the forum.

Available forum positions

Forum Manager

As mentioned above, I’m looking for an enthusiastic forum manager to rejuvenate our forums and community as well as undertake the Virtual Shop project.

Duties:
  • Actively participate in the forums as well as creating new discussion topics and interacting with members in a friendly manner.
  • Manage the overall direction of the forums to encourage discussion and participation.
  • Taking on and launching the virtual shop project:
  • Functionality for earning, redeeming points and virtual shop is available.
  • Point values and actions need to be planned.
  • Actual shop items need to be worked on, such as postbit badges, username styling perks, etc.
  • Other virtual shop ideas that would make it more fun at your discretion.
  • Tweaking the forum skin and appearance if deemed necesary.
  • Reorganising the forum sections, positions and ranks if deemed necessary after liaising with me.
  • Promote the forums through word of mouth, other communities, social media, etc.

Requirements:
  • Previous experience managing a forum in an administrator role.
  • General interest in anime is a must. Having said that, the types of anime you watch is not important and although it is desirable that you’re kept up to date with the latest popular rather it’s more important to relate to other anime fans and provide perspective on attracting other anime fans to our community and to keep them coming back for more.
  • Your availability must allow you to actively work on the forums at least 3 days a week.

Desirable:
  • Experience working with Xenforo desirable but not essential as you’ll be given an opportunity to be brought up to speed with it.

Forum Moderator (Role Play)

As mentioned above, we’re looking at starting a Role Play section on the forums as another feature to help encourage people to participate in our community.

Duties:
  • Actively participate in the forums as well as creating new discussion topics and interacting with members in a friendly manner.
  • Actively create role plays that are anime themed based on existing or original characters.
  • Inspire other members and new visitors to join in role plays
  • Create and maintain role playing guidelines to make the experience enjoyable.
  • Promote your role plays through word of mouth, other communities, social media, etc.

Requirements:
  • Previous written role playing experience on forums OR avid interest in fan fiction.
  • As this is also a moderator role, your availability must allow you to attend to the forums at least 5 days a week.
  • The availability requirement does not necessarily mean have to post role play posts 5 days consecutively every week, though regular posting is encouraged to help encourage others to join in and revisit the forums.

Desirable:
  • Not essential, but if you already have some role playing partners then inviting a friend or two to help stimulate role playing activity would be a big plus.

Available website positions

These writer positions are contributor based, so you can contribute one page or as many as you like for a given anime title or single character. If your piece is anime related I’m able to assist by providing high quality screenshots to accompany your page.

Writers
Our writers are tasked with creating character profiles and episode guides for various anime titles. All contributors are fully credited and acknowledged for their contributions and also have the option of having their website or blog featured in return.

Available duties: (choose one of the following, anime title should be one that you’re passionate about)
  • Write an episode guide.
  • Write a character profile.
  • Write an analysis piece - e.g. top 5 moments for a given character or anime title, analysing fan perceptions, analysing character relationships, etc.
  • Write a blog piece relating to Japanese culture - e.g. Japanese lifestyle, technology or points of interest.

Requirements:
  • Good writing ability that is coherent and desirable to read.
  • A commitment to finish your written piece once started, and keeping in touch if you require extensions if your circumstances change.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from those that are interested. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, thanks!

Last edited:

BlackSky

Aspirant
I'll be sending you a PM for the Forum Admin post but I have a question. How many hours are required weekly? (I read 3 days but hours will give me a better idea)

Optic

Enthusiast
Hello BlackSky, thanks for your interest. :)

To answer your question on the Admin role this will vary as you are likely to complete the duties at different speeds when compared to others. As a general guide though I would expect an hour per day (out of the minimum three days per week). But I must stress it is more important to remain committed and try out new ideas to make the forums more attractive in order to encourage new members to participate in the community.

To achieve that I'd be very open to your input, whether it requires tweaking the skin, reorganising the forum category structure, help link the website content in different ways, reaching out to other anime fansite communities, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackSky

Aspirant
Hello BlackSky, thanks for your interest. :)

To answer your question on the Admin role this will vary as you are likely to complete the duties at different speeds when compared to others. As a general guide though I would expect an hour per day (out of the minimum three days per week). But I must stress it is more important to remain committed and try out new ideas to make the forums more attractive in order to encourage new members to participate in the community.

To achieve that I'd be very open to your input, whether it requires tweaking the skin, reorganising the forum category structure, help link the website content in different ways, reaching out to other anime fansite communities, etc.

I love anime so I think I fit the role. I'm sending you a PM! (Previously I wasn't able to)

Last edited by a moderator:

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I love anime so I think I fit the role. I'm sending you a PM! (Previously I wasn't able to)
Yep. You have to have 10 posts before you're given access to PMs
Welcome to TAZ btw ;)

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.