Active Members Group

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by The Sandman, Dec 28, 2014.

1. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+4,116
    Earlier this month we added an "Active Members" usergroup to TAZ. Initially, this meant only that you were bestowed with an "Active Member" banner and a new username markup color. However, I've decided that I would also remove most of the ads on TAZ for Active Users as well. :)

To become an Active Member, all you need to do is make a certain amount of posts per month (not that many really). This upgrade goes both ways - active members must maintain their activity or else they will slip back to being normal members again. :)

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative! Informative! x 2
    • List
  2. Tecca

Tecca Fan

+358
    Pretty cool. Seeing the changes now.

3. VonDoom

VonDoom XenForo FTW

+136
    Thats pretty cool.. As a long time member of Taz i have to say moving to XF sure has made a big difference here.. For whatever reason i was barely ever compelled to visit let alone post.. Today my iPhone has it listed as one of my most frequently visited sites.
    unnamed (1).jpg
    lol i really hope those arnt listed in order.. I really hope i visit my own forums more then TAZ..

4. couponsaremygame

couponsaremygame Fun 'N Frugal Gal

+19
    What a nifty idea!

5. Sylvain

Sylvain Enthusiast

+58
    To be honest, I was preferring when ads were visible..... It gave me good placement ideas for my forum :)

6. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Custom User Title

+2,533
    You can always log out and view the ads.

7. Robust

Robust Developer

+664
    There were ads?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Kyrie

Kyrie Designer & Developer

+146
    I didn't even notice there was advertisements.

I would love if they were turned on again.

9. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,371
  10. The Sandman

+4,116
    If you are already a Premium Member you weren't seeing the ads anyway. ;)

• Informative! Informative! x 3
    • List
  11. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,127
    Very nice. I thought the active users meant that the user was online. Though I now see the little green corner flag on the user's avatar that notes the user is online. It would be nicer if it were made more visible.

12. Emen

Emen Aspirant

+6
    This is an interesting concept, I like how you reward member for their activity!

13. BrandonSheley

BrandonSheley loving life

+764
    ah, I was going to say that I hadn't noticed them since the switch.. This explains why :)

14. VICE

VICE Sinner

+661
    Kinda think about it, why am I still a Premium Member?
    Feel somewhat honored and it did made Romeo slightly jelly.

15. PoetJC

PoetJC [ ♥ One-Eyed Jacq Of Hearts ♥ ]

+4,295
    I was wondering if the "Active Member" usergroup would have any perks other than the rank badge and username markup.
    That's really great incentive for members to stay active, as I know there are quite a few who prefer not to see ads enough to install browser extensions like ad-block. I think that's a really great move The SandmanThe Sandman!

Well. Premium members have other perks too - like access to posting in the Classifieds & Premium Member sections, as well as access to the new Shoutbox. Pair that with no adverts and knowing you've contributed to TAZ and that's why you should keep your Premium membership and others should purchase :D

For those interested in becoming a Premium member - see the Account Upgrades page ;)

J.

16. The Sandman

+4,116
    :yup:

And don't forget, Premium Members also get access to Pushover, for smartphone alerts from TAZ! :tup:

17. RaynerMedia

RaynerMedia Participant

+25
    Great incentive! Love TAZ!

18. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+1,530
    The adds are still in the footer.

19. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+7,460
    They're sponsored ads and is the reason Premium Membership states most ads are removed.