AAAARRRRGHHH very annoying member

Discussion in 'Members & Staff' started by BananaQueen, Jun 18, 2011.

1. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Adherent

+7
    i just offered to do a post exchange, but the guy whos doing it is very annoying!!!

he posted a welcome thread, then tried advertising his forum twice, both posts i dissaproved and told him he needed 10 posts. most of those 10 posts were in the links section, saying things like "nice site" "i might join", but TWO OF THOSE SITES WERE NOT EVEN OPEN ANYMORE!!!

im not doing another, and im certainly not posting on his anymore.

2. Mew

Mew YUM YUM!

+28
    sorry you had to go through that :( I've only ever seen exchanges from here though and they seem to go well.

3. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Admin

+2,170
    First off, if you haven't made your posts on his forum yet then don't, he didn't keep his end of the bargain so you don't owe him any posts.

Second, I'd suggest banning him and getting it over with. He's obviously ignoring your rules, and even if he's involved in what he considers a "post exchange" he is not immune to those rules.

4. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Adherent

+7
    ive given him a warning and said that i will not be posting on his forum if he doesnt start making quality posts. next time he spams he will be banned.

5. BHH

BHH Enthusiast

+3
    Post exchanges are to increase forum activity for both parties. Spamming doesn't really creating activity, it just makes a forum look bad. In your case, you were a bit selfish the this short-term partnership and wanted to benefit from posting on the other person's site. Quality threads/posts provide good information to the topic and creates conversations, thus achieving the ultimate goal of post exchange.

6. BHH

BHH Enthusiast

+3
    Damn, so I just wrote all that for nothing :/

7. Mew

Mew YUM YUM!

+28
    nah bhh i never thought to explain it so im sure your post helped. ^^

8. JulieVA

JulieVA Habitué

+84
    That sucks.

Ban him. now.

Don't let the relationship with him sour your feelings for this.

If you want, I can do one with you - 20 for 20 over the next week.

9. dlawhh

dlawhh Can I have a cookie?

+2
    If you plan to use a post exchange of any sorts, set out ground rules first. Most people are happy to get extra traffic (esp. traffic they are not paying for) but w/o the rules in place this will continue to happen. Some people make the honest mistake of not knowing (since there was no mention of it before hand) and others really do not care and will just take advantage of you.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted