Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by The Sandman, Apr 13, 2016.
We're currently having an issue with Sucuri that is preventing the mobile app from working properly. There is a fix in progress - please stand by!
Sucuri why you have to be mean to Sandmam and the TAZ members.
Thanks for the update
--- Major Non-technical Changes ---
* You can now try a demo of the apps on your forum for free, visit site for details
* Email support is available to Economy Clients again, price increased correspondingly, and Github support abolished; pricing is grandfathered
--- App/Addon Changes: 1.2.51 ---
[iPhone and Android]
* Native Posting: quickly create new threads and replies, quick access to keyboard Text To Speech
* Native Conversation Posting: quickly compose and reply to pms/conversations
* Native Login: quickly login to the forum
* External links unresponsive (Floyd R Turbo)
* Page loading indicator to fix perceived lag (Bloh, Koolo)
* Home button is now centered (Koolo)
* Launch image is now separate from icon image (Christine, Clip)
* New and better quality screenshots to reflect new interface
* Page Title
* Removed frame load dialog/error after opening links (Salem)
* Launch image is now scaled correctly to a large size
* -999 dialog/error after quickly successive page loads
* Navigation menu desynchronization on quickly successive back presses
* "Back" text is now localized (arabic)
* Share app can be chosen every time instead of erroneously sticking to 1 i.e. Gmail (Job)
* Fixed summary text you have "%n" alerts to correctly show the number (Job)
* Removed upload icon for sharing and replaced it with standard share icon (Alfa1)
[vBulletin and XenForo]
* Native Posting Compatibility
* Native PM Posting Compatibility
* Native Login Compatibility
* Optional Advanced Install Instructions
* Style app colors now apply before page loads
* Renamed "Theme" style variable/property to "Statusbar Text Color" (Clip)
* Documentation: Nginx Fastcgi Buffer Size (Howard) * In 1.2.52, this is no longer required
* Removed platform-specific code from CDN and imported to platform-specific plugins
* Global jQuery option for 3.x and Non-mobile 4.x Styles
* Made Copyright Compression Optional with new Mobile Style Stylevar
* Per-style Stylevar Colors Now Properly Load
* Devices Now Correctly Register for Push Alerts in Non-Mobile Styles
* Popup Editor Disabled In-App for Native Posting
--- Extra note ---
1.2.52 of the apps will be available for TAZ members within 48 hours so that quick posting from the index is re-activated (currently deactivated to prevent 502/405 errors that were blocking everyone).
Also a reminder, if you have technical issues, send them directly to email@example.com -- they will be replied to there as TAZ is on Business Class. If you have questions about running the apps, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have uninstalled the app for the time being as I did not find any significant benefits over browser yet. I hope that this app will continue to expand and adds mobile sharing of media/links/etc to the app. At that point it will become interesting,
Due to the many alerts that TAZ has (some for moderators) and no way to reduce the related PUSH alerts this app was becoming annoying. It would be nice if it were possible to set preferences on PUSH alerts to avoid this annoyance factor. Its not useful to receive many trivial alerts.
Like many people I clean up my phone once in a while and remove apps that do not have enough value to me. Mainly to reduce the CPU use.
I actually like visiting TAZ on my mobile browser. The issue I found with the app was half the time the notifications were late or didn't fire at all. I've uninstalled it.
Going to have to give this a look into, see if I can get it onto my old iPhone for when I'm on vacation next week
Now the app is opening in a reasonable time.
How about support 1Password to login?
Mobile browser support it.
I love the app! Nice job staff.
I have yet to try this out, hopefully will work with my Android.
vbresults is a feature update in the works?
He did mention something on XF.com this morning:
Late to the party, but cool!
I'm late as well but this a cool app. I doubt I need it right now.
Borderline considering this for my forums. But if the price points are accurately discussed here, I think that i'll have to pass on providing this for my forum users. Unless, I can find a compelling reason to do so other than having push notifications for mobile apps.
I believe there's a free version now.
Free version, with ads. (just for clarity)
Oh wow, okay. I will indeed look into it then.
The site menu isnt working for me in the app
The app glitched after uploading that image to my post in the app and I had to force close and restart it, continuing from the saved xenforo draft