A new mobile app!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by The Sandman, Apr 13, 2016.

1. vbresults

vbresults Enthusiast

+68
    As Matthew S said, Unix/Linux cron's smallest unit is 1 minute; earlier, we used to send the alerts instantly but depending on the size of the board and/or the number of users being alerted, it caused performance problems, so we are staying on the high-performing cron option
    There is currently not a statistics reporting system, but one will come down the line; check out the stores for feedback on different boards
    Please reinstall the app and log in, the problem should be gone

2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+1,772
    Please use the default sharing icon in android:
    acdn.ilovefreesoftware.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_image50.png

3. vbresults

vbresults Enthusiast

+68
    It's been 30 days, so as stated previously, answers to questions regarding the apps must be sent to questions@apps.vbresults.com -- further replies will not be made here. As TAZ is on Business Class, members experiencing problems can email reviews@apps.vbresults.com :)

4. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,488
    So you have a timeline on when you interact with community members and potential buyers of the add-on?

Not sure if I should email you this reply.

EDIT: Maybe I missed where you state it but do you basically sign up on the forum that uses the app for 30 days helping users? While it is a nice gesture maybe I see TAZ a little different as almost every user on here could be a potential buyer of the app

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. GoingRight

GoingRight Participant

+13
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Looking for feedback in the app store as you suggested vbresultsvbresults. 16 apps you have published, only 1 has reviews, all very negative.

I still find the app slow to startup (~10 seconds on iPhone 6s) and when I tried to upload these images it wouldn't work.

6. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+158
    Yeah I've been paying close attention to this app, using it on & off, it was horrible at first but seems to have gotten better. I think these reviews above are reflective of a combination of the app and website. It's loading pretty quick for me on my 6+ now and works smoothly, and push notifications seem to be working more consistently

7. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Black Jacq! Give Me My Coins!! ♠

+4,554
    Wow! Interesting to see all the calls for a Tapatalk return aimageup.jacquiidesigns.com_di_0FM8.gif

J.

8. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+1,626
    It's good for the members...
    ...not so good for the site owner.

9. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Black Jacq! Give Me My Coins!! ♠

+4,554
    That would be the general consensus as far as TAZ Admins are concerned so it seems. Yup...

J.

10. ehd

ehd Aspirant

+7
    I'm sorry to say that, but it feels like opening a website in the facebook-app. I don't see any advantage here. Switching back to the browser.

11. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+158
    yeah my experience with the app has been meh. While I like that it doesn't open multiple browser windows, it does nothing when you tap an external link (just highlights it and then nothing happens...fail) and if there is an image in the post (in this instance I believe an embedded IMG like from photobucket etc) the same thing happens - nothing...so you have to pinch-zoom the reduced quality image.

Push alerts still happening regularly, but I get the Pushover alert first almost every time due to the 1m cycle of the app push.

When I tap a next page/previous page link/button on the browser, I see the "working" bar in the corner so I know that my tap was successful. In the app, I don't see that so I found myself re-tapping and then I realized that I just had to wait and see if the first tap worked. So that's a functional user drawback of the app IMO. It's working but you can't tell...

I've seen a couple people complain about the mobile version of the site (stock responsive design) being crappy, etc but I don't get that - mobile looks great to me, so the app is just a wrapper version of that. Not worth it, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  12. Akoni

Akoni Neophyte

+0
    Hi guys im new to mobileapp of taz.
    Question:

Why is it if i click the UPLOAD ICON (arrow up)
    20160523_065902.png

It goes to gmail?
    20160523_065712.png

Why?

13. Kintaro

Kintaro Enthusiast

+47
    On iPhone 4S it takes ages to open.
    So I close it and open safari.

14. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+158
    Getting 502 bad gateway error on app open...

15. Kirk

Kirk Coder/Designer

+295
    Same here....

:(

16. ENF

ENF Participant

+21
    Will this app be fixed or should we just delete it?

adz_app_fail.PNG

17. Steve

Steve Administrator

+2,588
    That isn't from the app, that happens to me sometime when browsing with iOS Safari too. It is Sucuri Firewall.

18. ENF

ENF Participant

+21
    Ok, it still makes the app pointless if it never works. Or, is the firewall simply blocking Japan?

19. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+158
    No it's blocking me too (Iowa, USA)

The app hasn't worked at all for me for days. I was getting "bad gateway" for about the last week, now I get the same thing as above

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  20. ENF

ENF Participant

+21
    Thanks. I'll just delete it for now and wait for a management update. If no one else is complaining, then it's only affecting a small group of users or no one is using the app. :p