Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by The Sandman, Apr 13, 2016.
And as you can see, it doesn't recognize new lines.
I've used the app a little while on the road, I've yet to login and post with it but so far it's passing the test.
Turnkey Mobile Apps v2.2.4 has been released! An add-on upgrade is required, download the latest add-on from www.turnkeymobileapps.com after logging in, and follow the instructions in UPGRADE.txt.
The Android app update will be available within 48 hours. The iOS app update will be available within the next 3 to 4 days.
- Added Bulk Pricing for admins with 3+ boards
- New SkinMyForum Design Clients can claim bulk rate
- Uploaded important document about App Store Compliance: APP_STORE_COMPLIANCE.txt
- [Android] Crashes
- [Android] Take a Photo button unresponsive
- New lines ignored in Native Posting
- Message field is single line
- Preferences style chooser out of sync
- "ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::canLikePost"
- Moved Style Chooser in Twenty Two Style to footer
- Menu Button now acts as Refresh Button during loading or connection errors
- Renamed "Toggle Script Expression" style property to "Menu Button Trigger"
- Menu Button is now hidden if Menu Button Trigger style property is empty
- New "Loading Shield" style property takes effect after updating app on device
- "Minimal UI" style property takes effect for previously unaffected 2.2.x apps
- Redesigned Native Posting Forum selection
- Redesigned Notification Settings to be searchable for boards with many notification types
TAZ has been updated to the latest version!
Why can't I download the TAZ app?
I'll look into it...
I don't honestly see why an "app" is even needed.
The admin can hide some parts of the "desktop" view from mobile and it's very easy to comment on threads with no app.
..also the whole brandname that I think I brought up last time
good luck though
The biggest benefit to an app is this. Facebook has made people stupid and lazy. This is why facebook groups are taking so many members away from forums. Try starting a new forum now, it's rough as hell.
An app loaded on a phone puts forum notifications right on the front of the phone, just like facebook does. It makes it easy to post pics, to reply, to start new threads. Doesn't matter that a website is responsive. They dont want to have to go looking for it online and don't want to have to sign in because, ew, that's like, so 2015... I might break a nail.
Forum apps are the future. Or, forums will die. Seriously, I think that there will be more money in forum app creation and management then there is in forum theme development and sales.
Xenforo, VB, IPS better figure this out soon. Facebook groups are eating alot of forums alive right now. Doesn't matter that fb groups are just one stupid thread. They already have the app on their phones and it just so easy to post.
Anyone who doesn't see this is gonna lose their forum over the next three years. I'm not joking.
With Apple's recent changes, everyone has to have their own app store account now, closing that issue.
An update is coming (especially affecting Android) next week
Turnkey Mobile Apps v2.2.5 has been released! Note that this upgrade requires an add-on upgrade and complete file overwrites.
Decreased Android download size from 30MB (Phone)/34MB (Tablet) to 8MB/9MB
Decreased Android battery consumption significantly
Decreased Android startup time
Increased minimum Android version to 5.0 (Lollipop)
Floating buttons' visibility can be toggled with new module button
Floating buttons are now hidden by default
Push settings now load quickly even with hundreds of options
Fixed file upload buttons on Android
Fixed camera button not functioning on Android 7
Fixed server log timeout errors
Fixed crash from long-pressing title
Fixed crash from opening Android alerts
Not bad at all, although some additional customization wouldn't be bad !
Apple just approved 2.2.5
It does not
Would you care to elaborate? What is "it" and what doesn't "it" do?
I don't know where he lost you MarkFL...makes perfect sense to me.
Thanks for sharing this new mobile app.
I’m not able to find this at the moment, has it been discontinued?
It was removed, but may yet return... stay tuned!
Didn’t turnkey have a problem?
I think they needed to adapt to changes in Apple’s app requirements.