A new forum script is coming.....

Discussion in 'Forum Software Development' started by ChrisTERiS, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Edpal

Edpal Aspirant

+7
    My point is I am really thinking this thread was extremely pre-mature. There isn't a big enough taste for us to guess what is in the dish. You've subjected yourself to critisizm and been defending your vision for 8 pages. It's more than just the template that needs to be finished before you show it to us.

I realize this is not a popular position or concept but honestly, if people talk about your idea for to long and it doesn't progress to something they can get in their hands, they will be very reluctant to come back to thinking about your product. And others may borrow aspects of your work before your product is even identifiable as a separate entity. I write this for your benefit Christos.

It is not "blame" unless you believe in your heart some of what I have written.

I will now withdraw myself from this thread. Passing through.

2. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+349
    Believe me, I don't expect to have benefits from this script, except the "Glory" :) ...... Is difficult to explain and only someone around my age can understand my point of view. All people (in any type of job, not only in coding), want their final product to be the best. Just as a proof of their long career. In 31 years I've released more than 100 software titles. Do you think that I ever spent a single cent to bundle it with a nice interface? No. Never. I was trying to make it as better as it was possible but only with my own knowledge, only with my own work.

Now is different. Is the last project. And I want it to be different than the others even if I had to pay for it. Do you think that I'm rich or have money for spending? Should be for laught. I reduced my daily expensives to pay this template. And now I'm just waiting to get it. That's all.

3. sbjsbj

sbjsbj Fan

+306
    Edpal Dude, are you ok? Why should it be pre-mature? It is your opinion but read the thread carefully and don't talk for everyone. It is actually awesome from Christos to open this thread and give information about his new stuff. He never claimed to have a finished product/demo or whatever you are trying to interpret in his statements.

4. rafalp

rafalp Desu Ex

+363
    I would like to note that we are all friends and colleagues here, thus rendering your point null and void.

5. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+349
    That sentence means everything that I wanted to say. Really don't know why to argue here. I can't find a reason for it. Once more, as I wrote it many times before, I don't count my forum as competition of "BIG BOSSES". It lacks many of their features, even if I never found them useful (at least to me).

My Forum is also not for Big Boards. Is for the hobbists webmasters, is for those who like to start a forum and they don't have that money to buy one (plus much more money for addons), is for those who want to have one installation working on the web, facebook and mobile and other simple things.

That's all. I came here to discuss it, to listen to opinions and suggestions as I was always doing in the past. Actually my best addons came in life after discussion with end-users.

I don't really know what that "pre-mature" means, and I don't want to know. Sometimes I feel better as I don't know good English. I'm avoiding disappointments from reading something bad.

6. Edpal

Edpal Aspirant

+7
    It just means "too early". The early work of the search structure on the left looked interesting Chris. I would have liked to play with it a little. I will watch for more work on this.

That's a nice thought but slightly romanticized imo. As a whole, the people here are consumers of software and they have a common interest and goal in that and that alone. They have very different agendas, world-views and web sites. Someone here is certainly building a site where people are plotting terrible stuff. Someone else is running a site on something peaceful like gardening.

Our difference of opinion doesn't render my point null and void in all manners to all people obviously.

7. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+349
    Sorry to say but due to some serious health problems that I had since April 24th, the work left behind. Only since yesterday I felt good to start working again, but still without "full power". The Alpha demo that I've scheduled for 15th of May is reschedule for end of May and maybe a bit more.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  8. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Hope you start feeling better really soon!

J.

9. Skript

Skript Aspirant

+3
    Sounds fun.

10. davemacc

davemacc Fan

+389
    Get better soon, your health is your wealth. If you don't have that you have nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Patrick0

Patrick0 Aspirant

+5
    Is your demo currently launched?

12. SAFAD

SAFAD Developer

+19
    WE DEMAND DEMO!
    on the serious side : get well soon!

• List
  13. PoetJC

+5,327
    Indeed. Hope things are good with you Christos Teriakis
    Hope your health is better!

J.

14. Okoji

Okoji Participant

+3
    I will love to follow this thread. I will see the end of it.

15. emanuele

emanuele Bugs Developer

+200
    • Informative! Informative! x 3
    • List
  16. PoetJC

+5,327
  17. AllanD

AllanD Habitué

+164
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.