A jumpstart basic SEO guide for new forum owners.

By Shawn G · Sep 9, 2011 ·
  1. Shawn G

Shawn G Tazmanian Addict

+232
    Shawn G submitted a new Article:

A jumpstart basic SEO guide for new forum owners.

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  2. Rude

Rude Participant

+0
    Thanks for posting.

3. Shawn G

Shawn G Tazmanian Addict

+232
    You are welcome, thanks for commenting :)

4. diego82

diego82 Neophyte

+0
    a very useful guide. Thanks! :)

5. Shawn G

Shawn G Tazmanian Addict

+232
    Thanks again :)

6. izzypopa

izzypopa Aspirant

+0
    I do sometimes hide content from guests, but its only downloadable content and links that i hide, is this still bad for my seo? all other info is present, just not attachments and links to downloads.

7. Shawn G

Shawn G Tazmanian Addict

+232
    Actually hiding links can be good for your SEO. If the links are external links and set to dofollow and you hide them from guests, then that means the bot will stay on your site. If you didn't hide the link from guests or set it as nofollow, then the bot will go from your site to that link and start indexing them :)

That is why I make most of my forums nofollow. I allow dofollow on this one and a few others, though.

8. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Wordsmith

+31
    This needs some time to digest. One stupid question. Can you explain that part about do follow and no follow again? What happens when the link is do follow? What happens when the link is no follow? Thank you.

9. Anonchair

Anonchair Fan

+29
    Sums up the differences between no follow and do follow pretty well. I've never really taken part in link exchanges, so I didn't know much about the two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.