A good forum to port Discourse forum to?

Discussion in 'Discourse' started by Blanco, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Blanco

Blanco Neophyte

+1
    I don't expect it to be warmly received question, but this is the correct sub forum/category right! ;)

However, there are times when Discourse is not always the best fit as a forum (particularly for a site that rely on Ad revenue) and in such instances, does anyone have any instances, ideas or experiences of porting a Discourse forum to another platform that was technically relatively smooth and successful, with the desired results?

This site is run on Xenforo, and a nice implementation too. I guess it's better for page views too. Maybe that's the answer eh? :ROFLMAO:

2. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+202
    I don't know if there is a way to port Discourse to another software. I did think of writing a converter which would do such to a few other software, but I've been fairly busy with a number of things. Perhaps, someone has a way...?

3. Blanco

Blanco Neophyte

+1
    I think there is an exporter/importer for nodeBB as a plugin for nodeBB, but I'm not sure about others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.