A board for members of boards?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Michael67, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Michael67

Michael67 Participant

+0
    Is there a forum board for users/ members of forum boards to go to discuss issues of being a member on forum boards?

Sort like this forum board...

2. anticelebrity

anticelebrity Participant

+1
    Would they really need one? Surely the issues as such are specific to the forum they are on, in which case they can discuss it on that forum.

3. PerfectSQL

PerfectSQL Server Admin

+1
    Thats really a weird concept .. I can't see why board "members" we need a board to discuss being a "member"

4. Act Cease

Act Cease hiphopscenes.com/forum

+1
    That is kind of retarded.

5. Kall

Kall Devotee

+11
    Now now, no need to be quite so negative.

6. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,476
    I have to admit tho, I don't really see the point. I can understand a board for admins/moderators to come together (ie, TAZ), but a board for members to come together?... Surely that's the point in building a forum in the first place? <grin>

7. Aharon

Aharon Enthusiast

+0
    Definatly a unique concept.

8. Moparx

Moparx GNU/Linux Inside

+2
    why in the world would board members want or even need a discussion forum to discuss the forums they are on...

if you are having issues with a forum discuss it with the people who run it not people who have nothing to do with nor heard of it.

9. jpapadpapa

jpapadpapa erin

+0
    It does sound kind of strange...but then again, sometimes the "weirdest" ideas can turn out to be the best. Oddness can have it's unique advantages. I suppose it would essentially turn into somewhat of a directory with a little more "meat." It might not be such a stupid idea. Just difficult to pull off successfully, perhaps. :)

10. CyanSmoker

CyanSmoker Beanie and Shades

+0
    That's a funny idea.

"Hey I was on that board, and that guy -oh I don't like him- wrote such and such. What should I reply? I want to burn him".

LOL

11. AlienSector

AlienSector BBSZenDex Admin

+0
    The idea is unique to say the least, though I see no reason to poke fun at the idea. As stated above, sometimes ideas that are rejected by others are the ones that sometimes take off; now, this is not true for all, but the point is clear.

I suppose such an idea would need more behind it, an expansion on the idea, and if you could gather such, you may have something. I've learned it's never a good idea to laugh at anything another person suggests no matter how odd, how stupid or how insane it may sound because that one idea may be the one to bite back later on down the road.

12. rex_b

rex_b Fanatic

+5
    Sounds fun. Try it out. Wouldn't hurt.

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Resident Mancunian

+31
    Interestinf proposal indeed. I don't know how you would market it and I basically think, as users can get support about technical issues on their own board usually, all you would attract would be people who want to flame other boards, or ones that they are disgruntled with.

14. zero

zero 420

+1
    what about a board for us to spam with our links everwhere then trick people into going

15. Kall

Kall Devotee

+11
    Theres HEEEEAAAPS of these around.

Heaps and heaps and heaps.

But that is off-topic. Please keep your comments at least vaguely related to 'a forum for members of other forums to go'.

Thanks muchly.

16. GroundTradesXchange

GroundTradesXchange Participant

+0
    It might be fun if they got into the psychology of members and their posts....and the reasons for their posts. Like the guy who "knows it all" and verbally abuses anyone who disagrees with him.....the length of time it takes before a member feels confident enough in their knowledge that they don't have to start every post with "I've been doing this X years, so I know what I'm talking about..."....the crazy guy who posts unbelievable stories about his life, and they all turn out to be some sort of cry for attention or help.... All that fun stuff. ;)

Might be like a neurotic trip down Beautiful Mind lane.... but without the Nobel at the end. ;)

17. PeoplesMind

PeoplesMind Aspirant

+0
    Yeah, perhaps like a union in which members could demand certain things of admins... too bad there'd have to be someone to admin that (and be the central power) lol

-Nitin

18. zero

zero 420

+1
    I want to admin this board.

19. Act Cease

Act Cease hiphopscenes.com/forum

+1
    lmfao i change my mind

this could actually be very fun indeed

20. Stone Cold 3:16

Stone Cold 3:16 Enthusiast

+0

LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.