403 Error on Login/Admin Panel

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by Manberlin, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Manberlin

Manberlin Not Manbearpig

+74
    They say you never forget how to ride a bike--too bad that apparently doesn't apply to setting up Wordpress installations.

I just did an install of Wordpress through cPanel/Softaculous, and the site loads fine. However, trying to access the login pages results in a 403 error. The file permissions appear to be correct for everything, and I've checked the htaccess file, and all looks good. There was a link to access the WP admin panel in softaculous/cpanel which automatically logged me in, where I disabled (and even deleted) all the plugins. Still no dice.

Anything I might be missing?

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Senior Citizen

+551
    I've never liked using Softaculous to install apps on my domains. I use FTP to upload, then use the software's instructions to log in. WordPress has a 5-minute install routine - it really only takes that long - and it works very well. My suggestion would be to use the cPanel file manager to delete your WP files and folders, then use FTP to do your own upload and your browser to finish the job. Follow WP's instructions and you shouldn't have a problem. If you can't do that, then ask your host to do it for you. Many hosts provide that service free of charge.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.