Maddox Moderator

+777
  2. bevans49

bevans49 Aspirant

+5
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,314
    Please click the 'write a review' button, so that your experience becomes evident to anyone considering this host.

4. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+777
    Just as an aside:

upload_2017-12-18_14-45-45.png

upload_2017-12-18_14-46-43.png

The point is that there will always be negative reviews because someone had a bad experience - that's personal to the individual and therefore that individual is going to have a negative opinion. The good thing about TrustPilot is that there is a sharing of both good and bad and if the good outweighs the bad then it is worth exploring.

With regards to 1and1 - they offer you a 1 month trial to see if you like their services (the only thing you have to pay for is a domain name as these are not refundable once purchased):

upload_2017-12-18_14-49-52.png

Companies either improve or decline as time goes on - if your experience with 1and1 was 5 years ago or more, then perhaps your experience will be different now. You can try them for a month and if you don't like you can walk away.

;)

5. VICE

VICE tool

+690
    The digs against OVH is hilarious.

6. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,632
    I did attempt to post a review some while ago but the 1000 character limit kicked in before I could detail an accurate representation of my dealings with this company. I felt that posting a truncated version could potentially be seen as libellous so I'm afraid I deleted it.

• Informative! Informative! x 3
    • List
  7. Tecca

Tecca Fan

+434
    I was actually looking up this site purely to register domains (super cheap for the first year, then I would transfer it out to my primary registrar if I decided to keep it). Got scared away by all the reviews I saw online, but I think they were predominantly about the hosting itself.

Reading Xon's review kind of confirms that migrating them out might not be the best of processes. Unless others have better experience with this?

Otherwise gonna have to stick with NameSilo, they seem to be the cheapest that include free WhoIs Privacy. Had to move away from Name.com, Namecheap, GoDaddy, and Dynadot because none of them can match NameSilo's domain pricing.

(and as I post this, I find out NameSilo is having website problems. Not a good look, but it's the first time they've had a problem since I've been with them. Still a funny coincidence though xD)

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,314
    The 1000 character limit is a default, which is now removed. Feel free to post your full review. I think it would be valuable to many.

9. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,632
  10. emma245

emma245 Neophyte

+0
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.