This simple product allows you to designate "Restricted Usergroups" whose members can only correspond via PM with usergroups you designate as "Allowed Corresponders." If a user who is not a member of an "Allowed Corresponders" usergroup attempts to send a PM to a member of a "Restricted Usergroup" or if a member of a "Restricted Usergroup" attempts to send a PM to a user who is not a member of an "Allowed Corresponders" usergroup then an error message will be displayed, advising the user which member(s) they are not permitted to correspond with.
- Fixed issue with usernames containing characters needing to be escaped.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and may work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.