This product is designed to allow you to display links to the most recent posts. You can choose from which forums the posts are selected, with user permissions being respected, that is, if a user does not have permission to view the posts in a selected forum, then links to those posts will not be displayed for that user. You can select in which styles the block will be displayed as well.
Enable Product? - This allows you to enable/disable the product.
Default/Minimum Rows - When a page containing the Recent Posts Block is initially loaded, this will determine the number of data rows that will be shown in the table. It will also serve as the minimum data rows to which the table can be resized by the user. The block may be manually resized by dragging the lower right corner of the block, or by clicking the header bar to toggle between maximum and minimum height.
Number Of Posts - This determines the maximum number of posts a user will see in the block. Unless a positive value is entered either here or in "Hours Limit," this product will be effectively disabled.
Hours Limit - This will allow you to give a time limit on how long ago, in hours, a post was made in order to be displayed. Unless a positive value is entered either here or in "Number Of Posts," this product will be effectively disabled.
Maximum Characters In Forum Titles - This allows you to set the maximum number of characters that will be displayed in forum titles, so you can keep the column from taking up too much room. For any forum title that gets truncated, the full name will be shown in the mouseover tooltip (which will also include the forum description).
Maximum Characters In Thread Titles - This allows you to set the maximum number of characters that will be displayed in thread titles, so you can keep the column from taking up too much room. For any thread title that gets truncated, the full name will be shown in the mouseover tooltip (which will also include a preview of the post content).
Table Columns - This allows you to select which options post/thread information you wish to serve as columns in the table. Your choices are (with the corresponding phrase name in parentheses):
- Thread Timestamp (markfl_rpb_threadstarted) - The date/time the thread was started.
- Thread Author (markfl_rpb_threadauthor) - The username of the thread starter (OP).
- Replies/Views (markfl_rpb_replies) - The number of replies and views for the thread.
- Posters (markfl_rpb_postercount) - The number of users who have posted in the thread.
- Rating (markfl_rpb_rating) - The overall rating given to the thread by your users.
- Post Author (markfl_rpb_postauthor) - The user who posted the post to which the link points.
- Post Timestamp (markfl_rpb_posttime) - The date/time the post was submitted.
- Forum (markfl_rpb_forum) - The forum in which the thread resides.
All usernames are shown in usergroup HTML markup, and link to profile pages. The column "Thread/Post Link" (markfl_rpb_threadlink) is not optional, as it shows a link to the post. If a user has not read that post, then the link will be bold, otherwise it will have a normal font weight.
Prefixes/Icons - This allows you to select which icons to display before the thread titles and whether to include thread prefixes. Your choices include:
- Sticky (markfl_rpb_sticky) - Will display the sticky thread icon, or the super sticky icon if you have my "Additional Thread Tools" product installed.
- Poll (markfl_rpb_poll) - Will display the poll icon for threads that incude a poll.
- Icon (markfl_rpb_icon) - Will display the thread icon chosen by the thread author.
- Prefix (markfl_rpb_prefix) - Will display the thread prefix if one has been assigned.
Active Styles - This will display all installed styles and allow you to select on which you wish for the product to be active. Unless at least one style is selected, this product will be effectively disabled.
Active Forums - This will allow you to select from which forums the posts will be selected from the database. Child forums are included in all forums selected.
Tags Whose Content Is Hidden In Thread Previews - When a user hovers over a thread title, a preview of the post content is shown, and this allows for you to decide which BBCodes will have their content hidden in the preview. It will be replaced with the text in the phrase markfl_rpb_hiddencontent within parentheses, which by default is "Hidden Content."
Additional Scripts - By default, this product displays on the home page ("index" script), but if you wish to add scripts on which the block will be displayed, you may enter the comma-delimited list of such scripts. If you wish for the block to appear on all pages then enter an asterisk (*).
Excluded Scripts - If you have entered an asterisk in the "Additional Scripts" setting, you may choose to exclude particular scripts here, by entering them in a comma-delimited list.
Show Block To Guests? - This allows you to decide whether to display the block to guests (those not registered and logged on).
Block Placement - This allows you to decide whether you want the block to be shown directly below the navbar/breadcrumbs or directly above the footer.
Tested and working on vB 4.2.5 and may work on earlier 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import".
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.