1.- What's this
It's a multi functional Rate My Site, User Feedback which works totally just as Forum Sidebar block.
- The block has 3 tabs: Overview, Rate Us, Comments
- You are allowed to assign many fields for rating and not just a simple "Rate Us". eg you can set fields for rating like: Content, Design, Hand etc etc. The overall rating is auto calculating.
- Users can post ratings and leave a simple feedback
- The comments tab shows the latests 3 comments but there is a link "All comments" which opens a normal vB page
I'm sorry but you need to do some manual work. I was unable to find a way to make these changes automatic. So the steps that you need to follow to install this addon, are:
4.- Copyright Link
- Upload all files and folders from the upload folder to your vB installation directory.
- Goto you admincp
- Copy the content of additional.css and paste it to your additional.css template. You can find it at Styles & Templates-> Style Manager-> Edit Templates-> CSS Templates
- Copy the content of headinclude.php and on the same way add it to the end of your headinclude template.
- Copy the content of footer.php and on the same way add it to the end of your footer template.
- Create a Forum Sidebar at Forums & Moderators-> Forum Blocks Manager
- Add Block
- Select Block Type: Custom HTML/PHP
- Click Continue
- Title: Anything you like to appear. eg Rate our site
- Cache time (in minutes): Set it to a low value. Don't know if setting 0 deactivates cache (should be perfect). Cache causes a problem. Keeps the rate form visible for the cache time period. This actually is not a problem as, in case that the user will tries to rate again, he will gets a permission error. But is not nice to be visible after user rating.
- Content type: PHP
- Content: Copy and paste the code from: Widget_Block_PHP_Code.txt
- Goto Plugins & Products and import product-ratemysite.xml
- Set (if needing) the 3 settings at RateMySite Settings
- Add Rating questions. I believe that you must have at least 2 questions.
- It's up to you to set a starting votes/ratings even if I don't suggest it. Just be careful. Each vote has maximum 10 as rating. So avoid mistakes (I did it) like 5 votes, 70 points which gives 14 as rating
- In case that you want to use BirdOPrey's Sidebar Anywhere in the testimonials page the data that you need are:
- THIS_SCRIPT : ratemysite
- Template: ratemysite_comments
No Copyright link in page footer but this does not means that you're getting any rights on the code.