This product allows you to define blurbs (a block of information) on a per thread/forum basis. BBCodes are allowed in the text, and support is added for my BBCodes that require extra processing, which include:
- Abbreviations/Acronyms (MathJax Compatible)
- [BBCode For Username HTML Markup
You can select whether you want the blurbs to appear above the threads/posts or below the threads/posts. The blurbs appear in a collapsible element.
- Added setting to define thread blurbs on a per forum basis.
- Added support for multiple forumids/threadids per blurb.
- Updated to allow for display of Forum Blurbs on Forum Display.
- Updated to allow for excluding usergroups from seeing blurbs, on a blurb by blurb basis.
- Stacked block titles separated by " - " string, and stacked blurb content separated by horizontal rule.
- Added setting to allow choosing between HTML and BBCodes blurb content type.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and may work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.