This product creates 2 new BBCodes that will allow your users to post YouTube/Vimeo videos in fluid containers, i.e., containers that will dynamically resize if the browser window is resized to always maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio and to maintain left/right margins based on a defined percentage of the parent element's width.
Once installed, instruct your users that they merely need to include the video identifiers within the BBCode tags. For example:
- Upon installation, your database is edited to create the two new BBCodes thereby eliminating the need for you to go through the tedious process of manually adding them yourself.
- A button for each BBCode is added to your editor's toolbar.
- The CSS of the video elements is configurable via the product settings.
The BBCode buttons in the editor toolbar:
A YouTube video in a post:
Upon clicking the BBCode buttons in the editor toolbar, you simply need to enter the video's identifier between the generated tags.
- Added code so that CSS is rendered on the scripts necessary for the videos to display correctly when previewing a post or viewing in the topic review.
- Added the option to define a maximum width for the videos.
- Added support for CMS articles.
- Added support for .Enhanced View Forum Posts (search results)
- Template now cached.
- Added support for CMS previews.
- Added support for SSL.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product alters your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your root directory. This is the image files for the BBCode buttons.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.