WYSIWYG editor for PhpBB?

DanielGarneau

Enthusiast
Hello,

Is there a phpBB 3.1.10 compatible mod or extension or plugin for inserting basic URL links into a post similar to XenForo? I spent several hours this week browsing through the list of PhpBB mods, and failed at finding anything.I also googled around a bit, but was not sure what key words to use, so I found nothing.

The PhpBB 3.1.10 link insertion tool available when writing a post seems to presuppose a basic knowledge of bbCode on the part of users. I am looking for a more intuitive solution, somewhat akin to XenForo's.

Can anyone from this community help me out on this? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

DanielGarneau

Enthusiast
I now realize that what I am looking for is a WYSIWYG editor for PhpBB. So I renamed this thread title accordingly from former
""Mod to improve on inserting URL Links into posts with PhpBB?" to current "WYSIWYG editor for PhpBB?".

Can anyone guide me toward such an extension. I need it to be compatible with PhpBB 3.1.10. Thank you for any input.

JQP

Dork
Did you dig through their extensions db? It seems like I saw one but it might have been for an older version. Yeah, phpBB's insistence on visible BBCodes is very strange.

DanielGarneau

Enthusiast
Hello JQP,

I went through it last week. I was looking very specifically for a link insertion tool that would be easier to use for end-users, not realizing that this would be incorporated to a WYSIWYG editor. With that focus in mind, I did not observe the presence of any WYSIWYG editor there. Then, after realizing that this was the missing element in my ability to even search for what I wanted, I googled up and found a WYSIWYG an extension in the making, 3.2 and 3.1 compatible. But it was still undergoing tests. I tried it anyways, in a phpbb testing environment of mine. It yielded a bunch of error message as soon as I sent a message with it.