Woltlab Suite - any good?

Al.Ch

Aspirant
You are so welcome, TAZ is the best place for admins like me to have more knowledge regarding what we are working with and I learned a lot myself. It is so pitty when some people come and post such replies with no value.

Wish all the best.

Jason5

Adherent
Ali.Ch Do you still use Woltlab? I am looking to check the software as it is the cheapest of all paid software. As you have pointed out.

- Not enough Themes
- Not as many plugins as XenForo

- No Wordpress bridge
- No LiteSpeed Cache plugin

Very less theme in their store, and outside i can't find a good theme for this. And plugins not a issue for me, but sometime in future i may go for some plugin.

Al.Ch

Aspirant
Ali.Ch Do you still use Woltlab? I am looking to check the software as it is the cheapest of all paid software. As you have pointed out.

- Not enough Themes
- Not as many plugins as XenForo

- No Wordpress bridge
- No LiteSpeed Cache plugin

Very less theme in their store, and outside i can't find a good theme for this. And plugins not a issue for me, but sometime in future i may go for some plugin.
Jason5 Yes, I am.

Please send me your questions and I will do my best.

And please don't get confused with the pricing as the features and the quality of their support is amazing.

AllanD

Habitué
I liked WBB a lot compared to other paid software and making a theme is extremely easy to do. The language factor in support was an issue but something that I could deal with. The problem I had was a lot of the addons were in German and hard to figure out what they exactly did.

Splinter2

Participant
no its not any good
I too was taken aback by this comment, especially since fixer has apparently never used WBB.
Anyway, I went for Wolt Lab Suite in December 2017 mainly due to the competitive price and I'm very glad I did. The set up was very easy and since I had decided not to import from my old forum because I couldn't guarantee the security of the data, I started from scratch.
Despite being predominantly native German speakers, I've found the support to be top notch, especially from the devs at Wolt Lab who all write in perfect English.
For example I had an upgrade hiccup a few months ago from 3.0 to 3.1 and they sorted it out with a minimum of fuss.
With regard to plugins and their support forum, I find the best thing to do is open those pages in Chrome and hit 'translate to English' and I've always found that people reply in English anyway, so it's not been a problem for me.
Gallery has proved to be an excellent add-on and although you can't upload videos directly (who would want to?) I find it more than sufficient for our needs. I also increased the max image sizes for both the gallery and threads.
The software is regularly updated and as far as I'm concerned, once you've tweaked it the way you want it, your forum will look and feel very professional.
Edit:
As for other forums that use Wolt Lab, see what Black Mesa have done with their forum and it's another reason I chose it.

Last edited: