What software is best for carrying out automatic repeat actions?

Alpha1

Administrator
I need to copy 900 html articles and post it into our articles system.
I was thinking to use a script to automate it. I used to have a Windows script that could use to record a sequence of actions and then play those sequence according to settings. But I forgot the name.

Does anyone have tips?

BrandonSheley

loving life
Do you need to scrape the articles too, and is your article system ran on WordPress?

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
I know what you mean but those tools mostly need the same situation everytime. If one article is longer then the next you encounter issues.

Alpha1

Administrator
Do you need to scrape the articles too, and is your article system ran on WordPress?
I need to scrape my 900 html articles and post them into Article Management System. (AMS) Its the same xenforo addon that runs on this site.
I do have an importer that imports xf threads into AMS, so scraping to xf threads would also be an option.

Last edited:

Ummagumma

Adherent
I need to scrape my 900 html articles and post them into Article Management System. (AMS) Its the same xenforo addon that runs on this site.
I do have an importer that imports xf threads into AMS, so scraping to xf threads would also be an option.
Do they have any other content on them or are they static HTML articles with no posts/comments?

Alpha1

Administrator
These are static html pages without comments.
  • Title
  • Article Author
  • Rating
  • Article text (loads of dead links in there, so all hotlinked text need to be replaced by flat text)
  • Images
  • Date
These are in categories, for which the AMS series function can be used.

Last edited:

sbjsbj

Fan
Your best bet is to let some php-coder write you a parser script to put them directly in your database.
Of course this will cost you.

BrandonSheley

loving life
I see a few options for mass page builders into wordpress and then I see something from xenworld on youtube showing how to mass import into xf from wp.
I don't see any need to have a new script developed, task like these have been done for years. ;)