Reactions Done Right?

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 9.07.20 PM.png

Just finished an overhaul on my reactions. I think these are really good

I'm often unsure what reaction to use here on TAZ ...I feel the images are not intuitive to the titles

Mine:
(right to left)

Thumbs up - like (default)
'Merica - USA Flag
Beer - Thanks
Wave - Hello (great for intro threads)
Thumbs down - dislike
Funny
Thinking
Confused
Mind Blown
Sad
Strange
Mad

There is a middle finger one but i don't see how that can be used without pissing someone off

Attached is an awesome set of all the main emogis we are all familiar with. ENJOY!

Attachments

• EmojiOne_4.0_128x128_png.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 11

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
I really like those...here are the reactions we're using at the IPS site I help admin:

taz_posto_reacts.png

Several are positive, one is negative and the rest are neutral.

The biggest issue I have with them is we want to make some additional reactions available to our VIP group, among these are a "black spot" which is -3 and a diamond which is +10. The trouble is, only those who can give those reacts can see that they've been given. If I figure out a way around this, I'll post in this thread. :)

R0binHood

Habitué
I like it!

Here's one of my sets:

upload_2018-11-23_16-3-14.png

Left to right, starting on the first line:

Love
Winner!
Dislike
Funny
Interesting
Also wondering about that
Agree
Disagree
Good idea!
Informative
Useful

You Cabbage
Gaylord
**** You! ;)
Sad
Angry
Confused
Err..What?
Rolleyes
Cool!
Wow!
Geek
Not Worthy

Gross
Pile of Poo
I fart in your general direction

R0binHood

Habitué
That particular set is for a very small, close nit community, where most of us know each other in real life, so we can get away with some cheekier and "offensive" ones (none of which any of us actually take offence to)

fixer

I'm In My Prime
You Cabbage - is that an insult? never heard it before
Gaylord - is a large box never heard it used another way

I guess im missing a love ,

Interesting - i have as Thinking ..... i think that means something different, you can think about anything but if you are intrigued you find it interesting

Roll Eyes
Cool
Wow
Gross

are all good candidates for my board...

I wonder how many is too many

R0binHood

Habitué
You Cabbage - is that an insult? never heard it before
Gaylord - is a large box never heard it used another way

Both long standing friendly insults in the context of our site and general banter that goes on between us.

Interesting - i have as Thinking ..... i think that means something different, you can think about anything but if you are intrigued you find it interesting

Thinking seems a bit off for me, in terms of the description of an emotion or reaction. Interesting to me seems to read better, as that person finds it interesting and maybe it's therefore also though provoking, causing them to think.

R0binHood

Habitué
Thoughtful would perhaps read better than thinking? And help distinguish it from interesting.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
R0binHood i was going to change my thinking one but i just can bring myself to do that, may i submit a photo that may change your mind as well...

80010981_1.jpg

You guys are gonna have a lot of fun with the new reactions in XF2.1, ain'tchoo!?

I hope people can get creative about this. :)

R0binHood

Habitué
R0binHood i was going to change my thinking one but i just can bring myself to do that, may i submit a photo that may change your mind as well...

View attachment 52050

Yeah, the current emoji definitely works best for Thoughtful / Thinking

Personally I prefer just having Interesting on it's own, so will probably use the same emoji, but for interesting and not have Thoughtful.

In terms of maximising reactions and getting people to react to posts, I think more posts are 'Interesting', vs 'Thoughtful'.

I'm not sure what emoji would be best for Interesting though, if you did want both and the current one is used for Thoughtful.

Maybe monocle man?

upload_2018-11-23_16-53-38.png

Or raised eyebrow?

upload_2018-11-23_16-54-25.png

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Yeah, the current emoji definitely works best for Thoughtful / Thinking

Personally I prefer just having Interesting on it's own, so will probably use the same emoji, but for interesting and not have Thoughtful.

In terms of maximising reactions and getting people to react to posts, I think more posts are 'Interesting', vs 'Thoughtful'.

I'm not sure what emoji would be best for Interesting though, if you did want both and the current one is used for Thoughtful.

Maybe monocle man?

View attachment 52051

Or raised eyebrow?

View attachment 52052

Thought Bubble Maybe
1f4ad.png

on a side note what is this one?

1f974.png
The Pedophile?

fixer

I'm In My Prime
*slaps fixer's back* Awe c'mon. I know you're going to have too much fun with this!

The fact that the crown jewel feature of a future version of a software (that's not even out yet) has already been implemented as a mod for years and is already in place by other first party developers sort of makes evident why I'm on IPS.

Sort of like My Space introducing Groups.