Facebook is bugged right now... perfect time to take advantage

fixer

I'm In My Prime
totally credit the photographer, never intended to pass as my own work, some of my memes have water marks from other people.. no one cares

here is the link to how to syndicate from social media (i even made a video)

https://theadminzone.com/threads/syndicating-sponsors-posts-into-forums-increase-traffic-save-sponsors-work-make-forum-busy.145494/

im on board with the dumbing down of your niche .. facebook moves fast , you can try to drag substance from it but its easier to appease the lemmings then to train them

here is some recent referral data
E6D732BB-403B-48BC-A1D3-85A7FB89E41F.jpeg 555DFD3F-64FF-4712-A51E-BE967A4B748D.jpeg 6A97D45B-6867-4C61-8726-B78C6670037A.jpeg

sbjsbj

Fan
use this
https://codecanyon.net/item/wordpress-automatic-plugin/1904470
then pull into forum as rss feed

very easy, works on a ton of sites even youtube
Youtube has its own rss, so that is not a problem. I was searching codecanyon for php scripts but didn't think about putting a wordpress site inbetween. I have to get wp first and then will do that.

But obviously the script from codecanyon can die any day as the pulling stuff is technically not legal. But I think I will go with it.

totally credit the photographer,
Doesn't make a difference for copyrights.

here is some recent referral data
Here is mine:

upload_2019-5-31_3-51-49.png

As you see nothing from social media.

Btw thx for all the tricks. Any other stuff you know we can make a use of?

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Youtube has its own rss, so that is not a problem. I was searching codecanyon for php scripts but didn't think about putting a wordpress site inbetween. I have to get wp first and then will do that.

But obviously the script from codecanyon can die any day as the pulling stuff is technically not legal. But I think I will go with it.

Doesn't make a difference for copyrights.

Here is mine:

View attachment 52935

As you see nothing from social media.

Btw thx for all the tricks. Any other stuff you know we can make a use of?

keep an eye on the google search console and see what keywords are bringing in visitors... play a game pick the key word that is 4th or 5th and generate some content on your site relative to them key words then check back and see if you can move them up the list.. your goal is to become the definitive resource for your niche

on my site its state militias so we work to be on the first page of every single state and if we are not we create content very specific for that state

46867093-1A70-4BC8-A145-F7F3A4452204.jpeg
804FF17C-9938-4AB7-B47D-155955A4A666.jpeg

sbjsbj

Fan
I see, thanks.

play a game pick the key word that is 4th or 5th and generate some content on your site relative to them key words
As you say: "generate some content" and for that purpose that facebook rss thing would be great. Specially knowing that Google doesn't show Facebook content, having that content on a forum would be nice. My problem is to turn the visitors into members and for that I need engaging content for which I want to use memes etc probably now, seeing how good it does for your niche. But having a dead niche (not tied to current affairs), it will be difficult to pull it off.
I am right now preparing some more content for my site before I will promote on social media. I need more tangible content so when I promote, I can turn people into members.

Thanks, this thread was very helpful to me.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
update

reactions 279
comments 8
shares 177
reach 7037

DE905C04-9020-44AF-BFF3-63A09F7A5164.jpeg

sbjsbj

Fan
reactions 279
comments 8
shares 177
reach 7037
Thx for the update. Great numbers, so many reactions and shares, that is crazy.

On the other hand only 8 comments. It shows how smartphones affected the internet. Nobody bothers to write messages anymore, even on Facebook.

The reach stats is from IPS or from FB?

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
Thx for the update. Great numbers, so many reactions and shares, that is crazy.

On the other hand only 8 comments. It shows how smartphones affected the internet. Nobody bothers to write messages anymore, even on Facebook.

The reach stats is from IPS or from FB?
Comments is one of those things which really bugs me in the modern age, without strong statistics, it can feel like you're talking to a wall lol

sbjsbj

Fan
Comments is one of those things which really bugs me in the modern age, without strong statistics, it can feel like you're talking to a wall lol
Yep, when social media started taking over the internet and left forums dying, I thought it can't get much worse than that. THEN smartphones happened.

Revolutionized totally the concepts of internet usage and the 1 thing forums live and die for is posts a.k.a. people need to write things, anything.

But even Facebook sees the consequences of this. Of course FB has 2.5 billion users, so it can take on anything. But it says a lot about the consumers when nobody bothers providing content and when 99.9% just leeches. Swiping and swiping, waiting for the next meme, gif, image, picture, video to happen, so they can leave a like on it. I call them zombies.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
reach is fb stat, conversion rate is very very low but better than zero

fixer

I'm In My Prime
and here is the set back.. endless notifications

0E10926E-39A9-4787-AD69-4CCCE1BB661D.png

D

Deleted member 3691

What is the conversion rate to new visitor/registrations on your site?

It's easy to get lost in "vanity" numbers like shares and likes, but really the goal is to get people to your site.

Humour and memes definitely work in this regard, but so often it's like, shared and instantly forgotten.

I would have linked to a specific landing page with your top 3-5 articles or topics and a selection of user generated content along with social sign in icons to see more.

Even better, now use that post to retarget people who have engaged with it to push them the landing page as above.

WildNeonSins

Aspirant
do you really want to be taking facebook advice from someone whose latest meme is one 'hilariously' implying Michele Obama has a penis and The Queen on England is Transphobic, posted just in time for Pride Month and has also been resharing 20 year old fake news with their url tacked on.
(facebook needs a roll eyes reaction emoji)

fixer

I'm In My Prime
do you really want to be taking facebook advice from someone whose latest meme is one 'hilariously' implying Michele Obama has a penis and The Queen on England is Transphobic, posted just in time for Pride Month and has also been resharing 20 year old fake news with their url tacked on.
were here to discuss the method and tactics and not the content , get over it

200 shares in 3 hours .. thank you
0B02DC79-6582-474D-BBC7-EF6135EE5FEA.png

haqzore

Devotee
giphy.gif

fixer

I'm In My Prime
What is the conversion rate to new visitor/registrations on your site?

It's easy to get lost in "vanity" numbers like shares and likes, but really the goal is to get people to your site.

Humour and memes definitely work in this regard, but so often it's like, shared and instantly forgotten.

I would have linked to a specific landing page with your top 3-5 articles or topics and a selection of user generated content along with social sign in icons to see more.

Even better, now use that post to retarget people who have engaged with it to push them the landing page as above.

D4D3769A-A590-4541-9613-030F36A3BBFA.png

22 link clicks so far today
2 new members from facebook

here is some history

06223314-F36A-4F02-A7A3-16F0C01CE1D9.png

0916A608-0097-4149-A739-B729A0A21A3E.png

DCA61C1B-3492-42A7-94D4-90635E5DF7DC.png

R0binHood

Habitué

That's a pretty poor generalisation considering fixer is posting tons of content to this thread from his smartphone. I wouldn't expect a huge amount of commenting on meme pics. The reactions are still generating engagement.