Best Hosting for XenForo

haqzore

Devotee
Namecheap shared hosting. Their cheapest plan is running both my multi-thousand post XF+RM+Gallery site and a new IPB 4.2 Forum+Gallery.

Used them for years. No issues.

You don't need "great" specs to run XF. And calling it "forum hosting" is mostly a naming gimmick. Go with a decent company and you'll be fine.

twdzone

Neophyte
Mardaki , I used A2 hosting for Xenforo when I first went to Xenforo and had zero issues. We are a VERY low volume user, but after a few months started having our servers crash daily(sometimes multiple times per day). At the end of the day, A2 said that Xenforo is not written for shared hosting but if VPS etc then could configure our servers for us. Since we use a diminimous amount of resources, that didn't make sense to me. The people at Xenforo and the community vehemently disagreed. I'm surprised A2 is still offering a shared plan, I have a lot more back and forth including their explanations that Xenforo is not for shared hosting. We subsequently switched to a shared plan with Site Ground, and of course have had no issues. I should mention that someone at A2 did slip and tell me there were a lot more people put on the server we were on. I would still say A2 was good, which I believe you already know, but not for shared hosting. on Xenforo.

NDM

Participant
I used Namecheap VPS(+ Nginx), for 5 month now and 1 time down for 2 mint. price $60 ( but my plan include several private ip)

HD-Sam

Aspirant
While I've heard good things about A2, I'm of course biased to our own platform.

First, you'll want to avoid traditional shared hosting for XenForo.
The last thing you want is to bogged down by someone else.

Look for a provider that offers assistance with XenForo updates. Caching support. Phone support if possible, and you'll also want to ensure their staff is well versed with XF. Ask questions, and look for legitimate testimonials.

haqzore

Devotee
First, you'll want to avoid traditional shared hosting for XenForo.
The last thing you want is to bogged down by someone else.
Disagree with this.

I've used shared for years with both XF and IPS, and currently run 1 XF and 1 IPS on the same shared plan.

I have zero issues.

Yes, a ****ty host can oversell a shared server. But a host that does that will have other problems too. Their poor practices won't likely just stop at shared.

Shared at a decent company will work perfectly fine for XF. You can easily upgrade when/if you need to. No reason to get scared into spending more money from the start.

If it was a few years ago, I'd recommend Softlayer, but they changed their business model to a enterprise model (ahem; business to business *rolleyes*), to make money from corporate cash.

I'm now on LiquidWeb, and they seem to want to keep all customers, including myself. :) Their prices are getting better and better every time they wish to change things up. All they need to do is offer different setups than what they normally list. Their support is superb. The best customer service I've ever seen from a hosting company.

Tryzing

Neophyte
I use Go Daddy cloud business hosting , so far so good. My site hasn’t been done at all, but I don’t have a lot of members yet.

Al.Ch

Aspirant
Personally I am using AiONETS for more than a year and I am happy with their service ....

I got a Dedicated Cloud Server for one of my websites, for this you need to contact their support.

Jason5

Adherent
A2 Hosting has some good reviews and if you find them good taking a hosting package with them. They do have Xenforo hosting pack and i believe they try to optimize it well for you. Xenforo works very well in shared hosting so no high requirements needed.

dojo

Passionate admin
Hostgator hosting for about 15 years now. Small shared plan that do the job beautifully.

Dubbed Navigator

Adherent
I'd certainly have considered namecheap for my hosting if they offered DCs in the UK. Great prices for decent hardware.

Threadloom

Administrator
Do you use CloudFlare or any other type DNS level service? It can be beneficial to supplement hosting sometimes and decrease user load times etc.